Cycling is Dangerous, Not Diving, I have Concluded

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Here's a current fatality from todays paper in Fort Lauderdale. They just don't see bicyclists.

James Aaronian usually yields to bicyclists when he's driving. But he said he didn't see Arthur Payne until just before the bicyclist slammed into the windshield of Aaronian's PT Cruiser.

"It was almost like he fell out of the sky," said Aaronian, 58, of Fort Lauderdale. Payne, 55, was killed in the Wednesday night crash on the 1000 block of McNab Road. "I feel terrible, but I didn't do anything wrong."

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/local/broward/sfl-cfatalbikes16nov21,0,768372.story?coll=sfla-news-broward

so sad....

I am going to the base today.

Nutter Haole in the ditch,
Al...where do you get this stuff?

I saved the link to the forum, thanks. I don't know about being locked in there with all those women...but I will let you know how it goes. maybe I can find a riding buddy so that at least I don't die alone with my face in the gravel. I feel better when somebody else is there. I don't that chick the other night would have even stopped.

:reaper: "Pisssssssst, Catherine it's me; I just wanted to stop in and say hello!"

Sorry, about this I couldn't resist...I tried really!

El Orans:
I've named this smiley after you to honour your adventures... :)

:catherine: >> :catherine:

:rofl3: I love the icon!

Being a cyclist who has his bike gathering dust a while post shoulder surgery discomforts and all, I've been run off the road to many times to count and outright hit a persons car who turned in front of me seemingly from nowhere. At 25mph there is little room to stop and lets keep it mild, I was a muppet unconscious over this persons vehicle and thank GOD for helmets of I'd have been killed or dain bramaged pretty good.

I've got to tell you, Catherine, your lucky to have noticed the impending danger and escape it unscathed. Keep a sharp eye out, another DDB (deaf,dumb,blind) driver could only be a revolution away!

Catherine... you dont want to ride down here... hitting riders is a national sport it seems some days. most annoying thing..... when riders ignore the bike lanes and take over the entire lane!

in centenial park they have bike speed cops because the riders are going too fast and endangering the parkers and kiddies and spooking the horses.

ride safe Catherine...assume everyone is out to get you and get home in one peice!

thanks guys..no, I have good radar and I can see that this is REALLY risky.

So..today, I went to the Marine base and rode with JB at lunch. I may never ride anywhere else again. Beautiful! and very safe, he said if you are caught on a second citation they scrape your sticker off your car..the speed limit is 15 miles/hr.

Pretty funny an old girl like me pedaling after him...I noticed that he looks good on that bike. Good thing he is with men all day....

Sorry, about this I couldn't resist...I tried really!
oh, go right ahead and mock me with your new smiley!

catherine96821:
....Pretty funny an old girl like me pedaling after him...I noticed that he looks good on that bike.

psssst Catherine... JB would look pretty good at most things!

yea...he is cool too, cause he has no clue.

I keep telling him he can wait till I die of natural causes and still find a hot young wife and have a family.

he loves me....

but every once in awhile I get paranoid that somebody is going to say "hey...were you with your mom riding today?"

get him a walking frame ... or better stil one of those mobility scooters so he can follow you around while youre on your bike!

i just got one for my mum... you know youve reached a new age bracket when the speed on your mode of transport is either a picture of a turtle or a rabbit :D

catherine96821:
but every once in awhile I get paranoid that somebody is going to say "hey...were you with your mom riding today?"
Somehow I don't think that is going to happen any time soon.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom