D420! How about that?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ok guys, about to pull the trigger on the D420. Want to go with a DIN first stage, but given most of our diving is in the US and Caribbean should I go Yoke instead? (Please say no. Really want to go with DIN).

Thanks!
Buy yoke it’s far cheaper to get a DIN conversion for SP than it is to buy yoke parts.

Buy yoke it’s far cheaper to get a DIN conversion for SP than it is to buy yoke parts.
Interesting. I see inexpensive DIN to yoke adapters out there, and some info that it’s easier to go DIN reg to Yoke valve with an adapter than the other way around, is this incorrect? I had been thinking DIN first stage and traveling with an adapter but maybe that’s a bad plan.

Interesting. I see inexpensive DIN to yoke adapters out there, and some info that it’s easier to go DIN reg to Yoke valve with an adapter than the other way around, is this incorrect? I had been thinking DIN first stage and traveling with an adapter but maybe that’s a bad plan.

Are you going to be diving locally and you will have your own DIN valve Tanks?

Easy to screw a DIN into an adaptor which leaves a sub optimal set up, buying the adaptor costs nearly as much as the SP part.

Nope. Seems the consensus is to go yoke.

Then, there is no reason for you to go with DIN first. Go with Yoke/A-Clamp first and if you ever start to dive locally and buy your own Tanks with DIN valves, buy the DIN connector for your regulator.

You guys have been very helpful. Last question: how’s the D420 for narrower faces? My wife and I are both buying and want to make sure it’s a good fit for a thin female.

You guys have been very helpful. Last question: how’s the D420 for narrower faces? My wife and I are both buying and want to make sure it’s a good fit for a thin female.

Can't help you there, I have a "prosperous mature" face :)

I feel the hole in my wallet enlarging by the second!
Welcome to diving😂

But if you don't chop and change your gear, after the pain of initial set up, you're set for many many years.

The best part about owning your own gear is as a rule, assuming you can dive locally, you'll dive a whole bunch more.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom