DAN and DEMA Team Up to Promote Diver Safety

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DiverDAN

DAN Insider
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
New PSA on Dive Flag Awareness Design to Improve Interactions Between Boaters and Divers Divers Alert Network® (DAN®) and the Diving Equipment and Marketing Association (DEMA) recently teamed up and, with the assistance from the National Safe Boating Council (NSBC) and the United States Coast Guard (USCG), produced a 30-second television public service announcement (PSA) on dive flag awareness. The PSA was created to instruct the public, specifically divers and boaters, on the need for and proper use...

More...

Any thoughts on converting it into a shorter display ad and running it online? Judging by the uproar over Netflix's pricing change, it looks like more people than I had imagined aren't really watching TV as much. I don't have cable, but when I did I skipped all of the commercials.

True and we can all do our part to post it elsewhere, but how often do you head to YouTube to search for PSA's? While it's great that it's there, it's not the same as running a PSA 10 years ago was.

I just posted the link on my Facebook page. If everyone else would do this, it would help.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom