DAN Members, DAN Insurance, are you, do you?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

There is nothing wrong with making a profit. Taking advantage of thousands of people by offering "insurance" for something that almost never happens is shameful. This "insurance" is so limited that 1 in 100,000 will ever get to have any return.

That is what all insurance company's bank on........

There is nothing wrong with making a profit. Taking advantage of thousands of people by offering "insurance" for something that almost never happens is shameful. This "insurance" is so limited that 1 in 100,000 will ever get to have any return.
Taking advantage? It's not so lucrative that dozens of companies are trying to get our business. We are lucky to have DAN and Dive Assure, and the costs are cheap. Coverage (other than the cheapest plan which is a dog) includes ear barotraumas too you know, and any other dive injury - and more.
No and no.
Mind if I ask why? It's your call, but curious.
Too what...?

Member ... because it's a worthwhile organization
Preferred Plan .. because it's only $8.75 a month (including DAN membership) ... for the price of one fast food meal a month for the highest plan offered, you can hardly make a case for not having it
I know someone who is very thankful to have had it at that level, several 100,000 dollars worth of thankful

Member ... because it's a worthwhile organization
Preferred Plan .. because it's only $8.75 a month (including DAN membership) ... for the price of one fast food meal a month for the highest plan offered, you can hardly make a case for not having it
I know someone who is very thankful to have had it at that level, several 100,000 dollars worth of thankful
One could say the same about Cancer or Dreaded Disease policies, but in diving it is different. DAN dive insurance covers you when other policies may not, and much more - and I think their coverage for the money is competitive.

I keep the family membership for me and my wife.
Good value, just in case.
Now, I actually knew a fellow once who had Family membership, but without dive insurance. He has both now after a close call and a realization.

I've also known some who took the cheapest coverage. It's only $10/year cheaper than the middle plan, but not nearly as good.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom