Dang- Never should have sold my gear...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

What was the site that was two guys (I think from Texas)? They used to promote their store on here all the time. I liked their site.

Thanks for the joediveramerica info.

Are you talking about ScubaToys.com? (no affiliation...)

I too bought A lot of my gear used. Great way to get good gear and great price. Just always make sure during purchase you ask the right questions for you. Always get the gear serviced before use.

If your looking for Reg's and want new but not new price I would seriuosly look into the HOG line up. I have heard great things and you can get a set 1/2nd for about 200~ new.

HOG? Never heard of it? Explain?

Back in 2006 there wasn't a huge influx of products being purchased via the internet.
Now here in 2011 it's highly common, even more so for used things such as scuba gear, toasters, couches etc.
So the stigma and "worrying about the unknown" associated with used gear bought off the internet isn't so strong now.

If you buy used gear I'd buy it via craigslist or scubaboard where you can either trust the members or check the gear for yourself before you purchase it.

I purchased a reg off and it came in pretty bad condition, still passed the service check but it was kinda a pain to deal with. I don't trust the sellers either since I can't always confirm their diving knowledge.

Leisurepro is pretty bad in that they sell products such as Suunto, Scuba pro, and Aqualung, all of which only deal with brick and mortar stores, so you'll lose out in the warranty and customer service in those departments. Now days though they have pretty much sold out all their unauthorized gear. They are certified by other manufacturers for other products.
It all depends how you want to support your LDS's

Hmm...last time I was here, I told everyone that I bought a snorkel package from leisurepro and MAN did I get BLASTED! Everyone told me to avoid leisurepro at all costs. Has that changed?

Don't know if it's changed or not, but Leisurepro has good stuff. It's blasted widely on the board, though, because it takes away sales from brick & mortar shops.

I am in Montgomery Alabama. We have only 1 shop that I know of so I dont have too many choices. I dont like being forced into a LDS decision like that.

Don't know if it's changed or not, but Leisurepro has good stuff. It's blasted widely on the board, though, because it takes away sales from brick & mortar shops.

That's NOT why it's blasted, but that is another thread entirely.

I have bought some Hog products from Divers Supply, good prices. Leisure Pro, Scuba Toys, Divers Supply, Dive Sports, Craig's List sometime, Ebay and the list goes on....

PM me and maybe I can hook you with some items to get you started.

Back
Top Bottom