December 2012 in Cozumel (Lookin' for Rays)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hello everyone!

I'm new to SB, but seeing how active everyone is makes me really excited to be a part.

My hubby and I are both Rescue Divers through PADI, working our way into a DM program locally.

We would LOVE to got to Cozumel in December, but I have NO clue where to start with my research.

Can anyone advise?? Would be SO appreciated.

-CJ

lots of Cozumel threads with great info on hotels and dive ops..check em out, and then check out Apple Vacations and Orbitz for prices. Apple usually has the best deals from Ohio...don't know about Calif.

LOL .... Pidge, I'll make you a deal .... come on down, pack up my house, put it on the market and sell it, and I'll do any list you want any month of the year!!! :praying::praying::praying: As for 2012 .... I think you'll find it hard for any other month to beat our March List, so I'm resting on my laurels. (And I will say, March might be looking pretty darn good for my next trip to Coz!!!)

Besides, if I read correctly, 'someone' didn't quite like the 'other' December thread title ..... I'm guessing this one meets their oh-so-strict requirements! :tongue2:

Hey there Kat, I am just around the corner, so if you need any help just holler !!! Also, as far as your title my dear, you will always be Queen of the 2012 March list to me .. :) Sue, aka Hot Mamma Jamma

lots of Cozumel threads with great info on hotels and dive ops..check em out, and then check out Apple Vacations and Orbitz for prices. Apple usually has the best deals from Ohio...don't know about Calif.

I guess the only issue with Orbitz (I have never used Apple but I will check it out) is that the dive packages are not included.

I'm wondering if it is more expensive to include these into our booking rather than to choose dive charter/dates al a carte...

Hey there Kat, I am just around the corner, so if you need any help just holler !!! Also, as far as your title my dear, you will always be Queen of the 2012 March list to me .. :) Sue, aka Hot Mamma Jamma

LOL Sue Sue...I was talking about Queen of 2012...not just Queen of the famous March list.:) You did a tip-top job with the August list, so you are on the "A" list,too. Hum-I wonder if there can be two Queens this year?? We'll have to get DD's opinion on that :rofl3:

Thanks Sue Sue!! I've been so scattered since I got back to town on Tuesday that I barely had a minute to think .... I've still got workman finishing up the master shower redo, and the kitchen remodel. AND we need to do lunch soon, so I can tell you all about the relocation craziness!! :shocked2:

LOL Sue Sue...I was talking about Queen of 2012...not just Queen of the famous March list.:) You did a tip-top job with the August list, so you are on the "A" list,too. Hum-I wonder if there can be two Queens this year?? We'll have to get DD's opinion on that :rofl3:

I vote for only one "Queen" and that is Diver Kat. However, in honor of the Best of all August 2012 It's a dry heat list for the Cool Kids of Scubaboard, I would not mind the title of Hot Mamma Jamma bestowed upon me my none other than our Queen. Sue

---------- Post Merged at 07:42 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 07:37 PM ----------

Thanks Sue Sue!! I've been so scattered since I got back to town on Tuesday that I barely had a minute to think .... I've still got workman finishing up the master shower redo, and the kitchen remodel. AND we need to do lunch soon, so I can tell you all about the relocation craziness!! :shocked2:

BREATHE Kat, Breathe.... I do know how relocating and finishing up house projects can really knock your socks off.... Whew !!! When you get a break, just give me a buzz. We can meet at the same place whenever it is good for you. Sue

mermaid, do not worry about diving being part of packages. Stay where you want and dive with whomever you wish.

Do not buy package ground transportation either.

There are places with dive ops and surely they can work out hotel/dive packages. You just may not be able to get airfare/hotel/dive packages that save on the diving.

Other than my first dive shop sponsored trip to the Galapago Inn, I always book diving separate.

Last edited:
Mermaid, this Board has lots of info on diving Cozumel, but there are lots of other sources on getting to and staying on Cozumel. Try CozumelMyCozumel.com which is one of my favorite boards for info on flights, taxis, hotels, restaurants, and other stuff to do on Cozumel. In terms of getting to Cozumel, you can either fly directly into Cozumel or fly to Cancun and either: (1) fly the puddlejumper Mayaair, from Cancun to Cozumel (usually about $95 per person each way, with very limited baggage allowed) or (2) do the "bag drag" from Cancun Airport to Cozumel, taking a bus from Cancun Airport to Playa del Carmen (about an hour, price varies depending on whether you want the first class bus or the bus the locals use), then the ferry from Playa del Carmen to Cozumel, another 45 minutes, plus time spent waiting for the next ferry. The bag drag adds another 2+ hours and is tiring, but may be worth it if you are young, energetic, and can find cheap flights into Cancun. Also check out CozumelInsider.com. Do NOT try to buy tickets through Priceline.com - they may be cheap, but you'll end up sitting for hours in the Mexico City Airport.

I just checked out apple but could not find any Salt Lake to Coz. Last time I think I used orbitz and they had some kind of special that dandy don told us about. I'm not young and spry so I will fly direct to Coz. :) If I can get a decent airfair I will join you around Dec 26-Jan 3. I'll confirm later.

Back
Top Bottom