Deco Distractions - Media Devices

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I use a Waterfi Ipod. The Ipod is rated close to 200 I think, headset is rated like TBone already stated.

if you want proper sound quality at depth, the only real option is bone conducting headphones.

AFAIK, bone conducting "headphones" have same impedance as normal headphones, and you can literally plug them in an audio amp. Bone Conductor Transducer with Wires - 8 Ohm 1 Watt ID: 1674 - $8.95 : Adafruit Industries, Unique & fun DIY electronics and kits (video at the end).
You'll have to waterproof that thing though. I expect them to exist in an impedance close to the one of a pair of headphones as well.

You can get a divesoft freedom computer, they have (had?) snake on it, should allow to spend some time.

IIRC, Laurent Ballesta had some kind of tablet on his dives so they'd have something to do for the deco hours in the blue.

If you don't mind the small screen and having no audio, you can put silly cat videos on any action cam and watch those...

Soon or later some manufacturers will introduce games in their dive computers!
Is it possible to use GoPro to play back video of several hrs duration?

You could probably get a cheap tablet and get a delrin housing machine for it. Buttons might be a bit to figure out, but doable. Anybody with a mill could sort you out, cut a groove for an o-ring, and screw some lexan down.

I thought the Deepblu game thing was an April Fools joke, the announcement was 1st April.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom