Deco for dummies - the book

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lamont:
now that i've got some better references on the oxygen window, i should see if i can slog through it and at least implement the dissolved phase part of the theory...
Care to share?

Diver0001:
Can you post the ISBN number please.
ISBN 0-930406-13-3
(Diving Physiology in Plain English by Jolie Bookspan, Ph.D.)

The book is excellent, but is primarily a physiology book, having only one chapter on decompression. It only has two paragraphs on VPM, and one on RGBM.

Buy the book anyway. It has lots of good stuff, written in a very understandable manner.

Hello readers:

Algorithms

The development of a diving table involves two processes:

- the mathematical model itself, (algorithm) and
- the values of the parameters used in the model.

The books on many of these models will give you the equations and some idea of the values of the parameters. It will not necessarily tell you exactly what these are or how some of these change with depth.

Developers of dive table will obtain “nature’s values” for these parameters by an analysis of actual dive data. This data is often [always] very hard to obtain in the form that it is needed. What I am referring to is that “clean” (DCS-free) dives will not tell you whole lot. What are needed are the dives that resulted in a "hit". This tells you what dose of nitrogen is unacceptable. While are may be thousands of “clean dives,” those with useful information are often rare, especially where deeper depths (decompression dives) are concerned. They are not easily obtainable.

Computer Analysis

In addition, the analysis of the gas loads and the optimization of the parameters require considerable analysis, also called “number crunching.” Not all individuals have access to the computational power required.

Dr Deco :doctor:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom