Deco tank SPG ** POLL **

Do you use a SPG on your 100% O2 Deco tank?

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

1 for myself, 1 for my wife, 1 for my son and 1 spare. This sport would be a hell of alot cheaper if I bought for 1 instead of for 3...

:11:....thats just not a lot of beer!

I haven't been doing it right since I took up sidemounting and rebreathers...

Does that mean that you won't dive with me until I get a SPG and a leashe? :eyebrow:

Cheers :D

I was not referring to that... but to the number of tanks you carry... silly man.:blinking:

I haven't been doing it right since I took up sidemounting and rebreathers...

Why the heck are you bringing O2 then? You got what at least 6cf left by 20ft eh?

In my best JeffG impersonation..........

Yes you will, think about it.
Almost. You will have to work on it a bit.

I probably would of said it like this

JeffG:
Yes you will, but by the time you think about it, it will be too late.

:wink:

You make a very valid point. On a leashe you would not know, but your valve should be shut, right?

Supposed to be but I find that those that believe it should be left open are also those that think that diving without an SPG on a deco cylinder is OK.

if you do lose your o2, would your buddy not notice a buble trail?

You would think but I find that those that dive without an SPG on a deco cylinder either dive with no buddy or a SOSD buddy

and furthermore the lost o2 cannot be reclaimed, therefore backgas deco would have to be performed anyway.

Not if you have a safety diver.

I have a SPG on my current O2 reg, I had a button gauge on the previous one. I agree with the "you have the gas or you don't" sentiment, I use the gauge primarily to check how much gas I have before the dive, much like a pressure checker.

I too would like to know how you could have a cylinder on your person that is leaking gas underwater and not know it, or rather, find out by the SPG needle dropping not by the fact that there is gas bubbling from somewhere directly around said SPG...

Ok gang,

This question came up in the shop today. How many of you out there use an SPG on their O2 tanks?

I have a beer riding on this poll :eyebrow:

I have a full size SPG, but it's against the tank out of the way, not bent back on itself.

I don't need to look at it during the dive. I know if I have enough gas before I get in the water, so there's no need to be looking at the gage.

Supposed to be but I find that those that believe it should be left open are also those that think that diving without an SPG on a deco cylinder is OK.

You are assuming that these 2 items are always related???

You would think but I find that those that dive without an SPG on a deco cylinder either dive with no buddy or a SOSD buddy

Again with these assumptions, so now I cave cave dive SOSD???

Not if you have a safety diver.

Do you bring a safety diver on every cave dive? Do you clip him off to your scooter ring? How exactly do you deploy your safety diver at 20ft? or are you just trying to be clever... Ehh?
You're just upset because the Oilers are nothing without Gretzky and Vancouver pounds them like Chia Pets every time they play. It's OK, You'll get over it.....

On all of my stage regulators, I use those small screw-in spg's that are the equilant size of approx. 10 dimes stacked up and thread right into any high prossure slot on the 1st Stage. I rarely ever have to look at the spg, but it does come in handy from time to time - inexpensive, non-obtrussive and handy.

How do you do half plus 200 with those small gauges? Can you see that level of detail with them?

You're just upset because the Oilers are nothing without Gretzky and Vancouver pounds them like Chia Pets every time they play. It's OK, You'll get over it.....

Gretzky??? Might've been funny and timely, say, 17 years ago. Maybe you should get together with Kevbimbo and get some better insults.

BTW if you want a response to the rest of your post, learn to use quotes properly. It makes you look like you actually know what you're talking about.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom