"dedicated" taxi

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ratjn

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I am heading to Cozumel again in early May. I typically rent a car and drive but do not want to drive this trip. Has anyone had experience with the hiring of a taxi driver for the week. I would like to pay a flat daily fee and have the driver available to me from 1:00 pm to 9:00 pm.

What would be a reasonable rate? Is this even possible? Has anyone a driver (contact info please) that has done this? If not, where do I get an economical rental - the large multi national companies at the airport do not seem to provide this.

Thanks in advance,

Jim

Cozumel Mexico
arrow.png
Things To Do

* Number 1 for Cozumel Tours, News and Information! *
flashplaceholder.png
coming_soon.gif
Top news in English from Cozumel in Mexico... Hot Properties to buy or rent... More things you didn't know about the island... The new Cozumel marina... Top island charities you should know about... Amazing underwater challenge...
time_now.gif
last_update.gif
Mar 26, 2014.
cozumel.gif

[h=2]Cozumel Taxi Tours - from $40[/h]0 Comments

Friendly, English-speaking drivers.​
See the island comfortably by taxi, with a friendly, English-speaking driver.
Stop at the beach, go shopping, visit Mayan ruins, snorkel from the shore and eat a real Mexican lunch.
Do whatever you like, it's your own private tour!

Book now!We only work with the best drivers, who are friendly, helpful and speak good English.
They will personally show you around the island in their comfortable, licensed, air-conditioned taxis or taxi vans.
Your trusted taxi driver will help you plan your day and give you information about local sights, history and culture.

cozumel_taxi_tours_01.jpg
Comfortable, licensed, air-conditioned taxis or taxi vans.​
Go anywhere you like in the time you have available - you could make a circuit of the island or visit specific attractions.
These made-to-measure taxi tours are available for guests staying on the island or visiting on cruise ships.

cozumel_taxi_tours_02.jpg
Your trusted taxi driver will help you plan your day.​
Pick-up can be arranged from hotels, cruise piers or a downtown meeting point.

Book now!Price:
Price per person
Group size3 hours4 hours5 hours6 hours
2 people$60$70$80$90
3 people$60$70$80$90
4 people$55$65$75$85
5 people$55$65$75$85
6 people$50$60$70$80
7 people$50$60$70$80
8 people$45$55$65$75
9 people$45$55$65$75
10 or more people$40$50$60$70
Departs:
Your private taxi can pick you up from your hotel, cruise pier or a downtown meeting point at any time from 8am until 2pm.
If you are arriving on a cruise ship and have any questions about transport or timing please contact us.
Duration:
3, 4, 5 or 6 hours (there is a lot to see in Cozumel, so we recommend a 5 or 6 hour tour).
Includes:

• Friendly, English speaking driver.
  • Transport in comfortable, licensed, air-conditioned taxis (2-4 people) or taxi vans (5 people or more).
Not included:

• Food, drinks, souvenirs.
  • Entrance fees for attractions.
  • Child seats (available for $10 extra, ask for details in comments box at time of booking).
  • Optional gratuities.
What to Bring:
Biodegradable sunscreen, beach towels, bathing suit, camera, sun glasses and a big smile!
E-Ticket and Booking Confirmation Voucher:
For every confirmed booking you will be required to print a voucher which is presented at the destination. You will receive your voucher via email once your booking is confirmed.
Local Operator Information:
Complete operator information, including directions and local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your voucher.
The tour contract is with the operator, not This is Cozumel. All safety requirements and considerations are the responsibility of the operator.

Book now!
blog comments powered by DISQUS back to top

© Site content copyright 2014. All rights reserved. Enjoy your vacation and hope to see you soon in Cozumel.

Avis at airport was under 200 for the week on orbitz. I kept it an extra day and they charged me 20.00. I also use blueway, across street from airport. They will meet you at terminal and take you across.

Taxi's are so easy to get- with the rates posted, it seems like hailing them when you need them makes more sense.
Do you need the same driver?

Yes it is very possible. You might ask your dive op if they know of one. I have friends who met a taxi driver thru their dive op. He picks them up every morning and they call him when done diving.
You could also just find a driver who works mornings and tell him what time you want picked up evey morning and see if he wants to do it. Taxis are easy to get and i call the number if i am back in neighborhoods, they respond quickly .

It looks like it might cost you about $100-110 a day.

It looks like it might cost you about $100-110 a day.

Could probably rent a car and pay for my flight for less than that...I'll sleep in the car.

Also, no need to call me when done diving since I'll be done at the same time :)

For a car rental I have always liked ISIS, you know what it costs up front and they are not into any 'gotcha' games. I have always heard good words about the lady who runs it and I also normally get a discount for cash.

Margarita at RENTADORA ISIS is great to deal with. I had an VW Gol (in great shape with actual brakes) with AC for 2 weeks at Xmas and it worked out to about $50 a day. Very nice people.

ISIS has been very good to me. Usually get a VW for $30/day.
Plus as a bonus Burritos Gordo is next door and they have great burritos.
I only wish she would take care of the gas for me as I hate filling it back up at the Pemex.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom