Deep Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

To me there is deep diving then there is DEEP diving.........When we were trained & certified in Aug of '85, a deep dive by definition was anything deeper than 60 feet.....That next Dec. we headed to Belize(all dives were 90 or more feet), then in March we headed to G. Cayman & 2 of our dives I remember on that 1st trip there that weekend were Bonnie's Arch- I think we went thru the arch at ?100 feet & a North Wall dive-max depth was 130 feet......Basically people go deeper than 60 feet to see things...Now days, I rarely go deeper than 100 feet, in fact I'll hang around 70 or so feet when everyone else is 80 or more, if they see something 'down there' worth seeing, someone will let me know....I'm going to guess you've never dove the Caribbean cuz if so, you would have been on more than one deep dive by now AND absolutely would be ready for many more....all I can say is try it, you'll like it.....Now saying all that, I have had many great 25 to 40 ft Caribbean dives, it really depends on the layout of the terrain you're over when you hit the water.....

I have been to 100 Ft. and unless you get narced You will not know the difference in 100Ft. and 30Ft. Alhough that is just my opinion. But as for going deep I love to read about it and read stories about the guys who have gone deep. But me I will probably never go past 130 Ft.

Thrillhouse,
After reading this post, which i assume was your first, I wouldn't be so quick to fast foward to deep diving. The only thing i'd add to Nemrod's advice is join DAN if you haven't already. Might not be a bad idea to up the insurance too.

That's uncalled for , Tom.

His first post just shows that he's having trouble with his drysuit and could really use some help with his buoyancy control. Of course he isn't ready. He's being led around on a leash by his drysuit and he's open enough to just admit that. In this thread he's also saying that he's happy at 50ft but that he thinks the other stuff is cool....

As far as I know there isn't a rule saying you have to be an expert in something to think it's cool.... I think Formula-1 cars are cool too but I'd kill myself in 10 seconds if I tried driving one.... So there you go, now you have a reason to try humiliating ME....ooohhhh, Rob should buy extra car insurance because he likes Formula-1....

Sheesh!

R..

Diver0001:

His first post just shows that he's having trouble with his drysuit and could really use some help with his buoyancy control. Of course he isn't ready. He's being led around on a leash by his drysuit and he's open enough to just admit that. In this thread he's also saying that he's happy at 50ft but that he thinks the other stuff is cool....

As far as I know there isn't a rule saying you have to be an expert in something to think it's cool.... I think Formula-1 cars are cool too but I'd kill myself in 10 seconds if I tried driving one.... So there you go, now you have a reason to try humiliating ME....ooohhhh, Rob should buy extra car insurance because he likes Formula-1....

Sheesh!

R..

:popcorn: :popcorn:

whats cool about deep mix diving? they all come up sounding like idiots :p

The deepest I have dove so far is 131 ft. We dove the Spiegel Grove a few times...alot of fun. Right now I have NO wants to go deeper. Well execpt one, I want to dive the USS Oriskany in Destin FL. Me and my buddies are planning another Key Largo trip in Apr. then we will be headed to Destin :)

EDIT:

And with all the "scuba bucks" it takes to do the whole deep...DEEP diving, I don't think the wife would let me spend that much LOL.

Diver0001:

Sheesh!

R..

Hey Rob - I've seen a lot of your posts and respect your opinon but I think Thrillhouse will be headed for the formula 1 as fast as he thinks he can get there. Yes he was candid about the bouyancy problems he had on his night dive. I think you'd agree that a new diver with buoyancy issues electing to night dive probably didn't make the best choice.
It wasn't my intent to embarass Thrillhouse and i'll agree in hind sight that the insurance quip was over the line. I'm generally the last guy to try and protect people from themselves but between his handle and his threads so far this guy un-nerved me a little. I hope you are right.

Mike Edmonston:
Man.. that sounds like a great dive. Once I'm over this ear infection, I just might go scooter the Spiegel Grove.

Cheers :D

Mike

And when you do, let me know in advance.....:D

stangd1909:
And with all the "scuba bucks" it takes to do the whole deep...DEEP diving, I don't think the wife would let me spend that much LOL.
If you dont't tell we won't either....:mooner:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom