Deep Sea 3D at IMAX

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AggieDad

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Went to see this movie today. WOW! Can't say enough good about it. Really talked about the necessity of the entire ecosystem working together to survive. The photography was outstanding.
Take the time it is worth it.

Where did you see this at?

edit::Tx State History museum. My wife and I have been meaning to tour it, this might just give us the nudge to get out there.

And now they have the exhibit on the Henrietta Marie until April 15th... as seen on Deep Sea Detectives!

It is my understanding that part of the movie was filmed on site at the Texas Flower Gardens off Capt. Franks boat the Spree. Please if this is incorrect, someone let us know,,,but this is the info. I have.

texdiveguy:
It is my understanding that part of the movie was filmed on site at the Texas Flower Gardens off Capt. Franks boat the Spree. Please if this is incorrect, someone let us know,,,but this is the info. I have.

I don't know what boat they were on, but they do show the coral spawn at the Flower Gardens.

It was a nice film. A great way to spend 40 or so minutes.

Sweet, I'm taking my two little dudes to see it this morning.

Yes at the Bob Bullock Texas State History Museum. Great place. Been there about six times and don't feel I have seen it all properly. I get tired and start zipping by. Definitely do the Star of Texas film. It will have you "jumping".

AggieDad:
Went to see this movie today. WOW! Can't say enough good about it. Really talked about the necessity of the entire ecosystem working together to survive. The photography was outstanding.
Take the time it is worth it.
AggieDad,
Thanks for the review. I've been meaning to take my kids to watch movie. I might do it this weekend, cant wait.

Enrique

I saw it this past weekend and it was a great experience. My little guys were reaching at the screen, thinking they could touch the fish! It met every expectation. If only it was longer...

I hear it costs $1 million to run that IMAX camera for 15 minutes...don't quote me.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom