Deep Six Outfitters Eddy Fin

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

From the first glance they look very good. and pocket is much better then Slipstreams at least when I tried them at home.
Will post more when I will have a chance to take them to pool soon.

Tell us more about the soft compound version, please.

@cerich I'm curious about these, too...

I use the regular material version while diving wet, and now that the 2x versions are available, I'd like to give them a shot for replacing my F1s while diving dry. I'm curious the reason for the softer material in the larger version - are you finding that the regular material is too stiff in the larger size, and that's why the softer version is offered? Also - I presume the softer version is also a bit lighter and more buoyant?

Also, will there be 2x orange fins offered? I really love the orange ones!

Last edited:
The Eddys are my new favorite fin! I have not been able to find another neutrally buoyant fin in the power it provides. Even with the spring straps, they are a neutrally buoyant fin - check out this video from a pool :
They are also extremely stiff providing all the power of my previous Jet Fins, and F1s, without the weight.

I just dove with them for the first time last weekend and man are they comfortable. They also generate a ton of power.

I just saw they were part of the gear review in the new Scuba Diving magazine. Not a great review but not terrible either. I find them to be better than the magazine review stated.

@cerich I'm curious about these, too...

I use the regular material version while diving wet, and now that the 2x versions are available, I'd like to give them a shot for replacing my F1s while diving dry. I'm curious the reason for the softer material in the larger version - are you finding that the regular material is too stiff in the larger size, and that's why the softer version is offered? Also - I presume the softer version is also a bit lighter and more buoyant?

Also, will there be 2x orange fins offered? I really love the orange ones!
Umm...I didn't only make the xxl in a softer version.

Umm...I didn't only make the xxl in a softer version.

I'm aware of that. I know you make the S/M in the softer, and you offer the xxl in both. For whatever reason, you don't seem to offer any of the other fins in the softer material. The same questions I asked still apply...

I'm aware of that. I know you make the S/M in the softer, and you offer the xxl in both. For whatever reason, you don't seem to offer any of the other fins in the softer material. The same questions I asked still apply...
The reason is actually simple...
I did the soft for small med because many testers of the small medium complained they were too stiff. Smaller divers generally.
The xxl..Well, the factory did a production run by mistake of the xxl in the softer compound...So...Now I had both in xxl.

My eventual plan is to offer each size in harder and in softer...But that means a min order of 450 pairs...Which right now is too many to carry

My eventual plan is to offer each size in harder and in softer...But that means a min order of 450 pairs...Which right now is too many to carry

Just curious based on your experience with mares excel/avanti fins. I recall you mentioned once that for OW in tropical the mares are still the comfiest. How would you compare the mares with your soft fin material? Would it be the same comfort and stiffness?

Just curious based on your experience with mares excel/avanti fins. I recall you mentioned once that for OW in tropical the mares are still the comfiest. How would you compare the mares with your soft fin material? Would it be the same comfort and stiffness?
I was talking about the Mares Quattro Power..A full foot fin and completely different characteristics. When I was a Cayman Instructor you wouldn't have pried them off my feet..But also a different style of diving than I do now.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom