Defog--what works best?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Spit in the mask when it is dry, rub on lense, rinse before doning.

Or some people sware by baby shampoo.

Going diving soon. Running out of Sea Gold anti-fog. SHould I buy more commercial defog, or does dishwashing soap or something else work just as well. Thanks.

SPIT--the deepest, thickest, & ugliest-----will NEVER let you down, too.....

I love Sea Gold. Baby shampoo works, spit works but Sea Gold has been the most effective for me.

200' Vis
One application works all weekend.

Sure, spit works ok. But there's this thing called progress.

Going diving soon. Running out of Sea Gold anti-fog. SHould I buy more commercial defog, or does dishwashing soap or something else work just as well. Thanks.

I barely used half of my bottle of defog after three years and 200-dives. Don't use so much next time. Barely a bit on your fingertip is all you need.

You can hawk a lunger, you can mix this and mix that, or you can just pay another $4 for a bottle of defog and call it a day.

200' Vis
One application works all weekend.

Sure, spit works ok. But there's this thing called progress.

I have never misplaced, ran out of, lost overboard, or forgot to pack my spit. It is hard to improve on the convenience or price — providing your body chemistry works effectively. I can’t get too concerned over the social acceptability factor since most of us come up with loogies in our mask anyway.

I guess using bottled spit would be more polite in a public swimming pool though — maybe that's the real reason a lot of pools don’t allow masks? :wink:

500 PSI, hands down the best defog out there

Sea Drops comes in at a close 2nd

Spit and everything else is a distant 3rd

Back
Top Bottom