DEMA 2009 in Orlando, Florida; Who's Attending?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'll be there, no question!

It seems sensible at this point to give you a heads up about an Inaugural Event that is going to be held on Sunday 1st November 2009 in Orlando.

If you are flying in for DEMA and you play Golf, you might be interested to know that WaterProof (the Swedish Diving Suit Manufacturer) is holding a Charity Golf Day and Buffet Dinner on Sunday 1st November. It's going to be held at the Shingle Creek Golf Course, which is behind the Rosen Hotels, thereby making it easy to get to for everyone. And if you don't play Golf, you are most welcome to join the party and come along for the dinner in the evening (provided you've prebooked).

All profits raised will be split between three diving charities. In alphabetical order they are;

Deptherapy, (A European Disabled Diving Charity)
Project Aware (A Global Environmental Diving Charity
SUDS (An American Soliders Disabled Diving Charity)

WaterProof has asked me to organise this event on their behalf, so if you would like to know more, please PM me. We're just finalising logistics now, and there are plenty of sponsorship opportunities, ie Holes, Awards etc. In addition we would be delighted to receive donations to be raffled or auctioned off. It doesn't have to be big or expensive, just something you would like to win yourself, ie Bottle of Fizz or a piece of Diving Equipment etc.

It promises to be a fun day and a great way to recover from jetlag, before the serious business of stand building and meetings commences. A day of warm sunshine on your skin and a decent game of golf on a PGA Course with industry friends.

This sounds like fun Roz! I hope a lot of our duffers, er golfers can make it out to that!

It seems sensible at this point to give you a heads up about an Inaugural Event that is going to be held on Sunday 1st November 2009 in Orlando.

If you are flying in for DEMA and you play Golf, you might be interested to know that WaterProof (the Swedish Diving Suit Manufacturer) is holding a Charity Golf Day and Buffet Dinner on Sunday 1st November. It's going to be held at the Shingle Creek Golf Course, which is behind the Rosen Hotels, thereby making it easy to get to for everyone. And if you don't play Golf, you are most welcome to join the party and come along for the dinner in the evening (provided you've prebooked).

All profits raised will be split between three diving charities. In alphabetical order they are;

Deptherapy, (A European Disabled Diving Charity)
Project Aware (A Global Environmental Diving Charity
SUDS (An American Soliders Disabled Diving Charity)

WaterProof has asked me to organise this event on their behalf, so if you would like to know more, please PM me. We're just finalising logistics now, and there are plenty of sponsorship opportunities, ie Holes, Awards etc. In addition we would be delighted to receive donations to be raffled or auctioned off. It doesn't have to be big or expensive, just something you would like to win yourself, ie Bottle of Fizz or a piece of Diving Equipment etc.

It promises to be a fun day and a great way to recover from jetlag, before the serious business of stand building and meetings commences. A day of warm sunshine on your skin and a decent game of golf on a PGA Course with industry friends.

let me know if edge can help.

Thank you Cerich. Yes please! PM sent. It'll be good to see you and Dr Pete! I haven't seen you guys since..........ooooohhh last DEMA.

Spending a day in the Keys hoping to dive the Speigel Grove and then going across to Venice for some shark tooth diving with Florida West Scuba.

I will be there with my gang.

Will fly to Miami the week-end before and we hope to get at least a couple of dives in the Key Largo area. Any suggestion?

Then we are going to Key-west to play tourist (never been there before :blinking:)

At DEMA (#465), in addition to our upgraded dive simulator, we will demonstrate our new online classes for dive computers.

Alberto

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom