DEMA - What the hell?!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I believe they wanted $1200/computer. DSL was out of sight. Extra? They charged you $57 per chair and over a $100 for each table. .

$1200 per computer and even more for DSL and the chair/table prices border on extortion.

I don't blame this on DEMA though but the trade show industry. It's this way about anywhere. It's why trade shows or any show is getting smaller in general each year.

Ha....Orlando is EASY!!! They let you carry stuff in, use your own 2 wheeled handtrucks, etc.

Wait until next year when we have to deal with the union guys in Vegas!!

$150 to have a "union electrician" plug in an extension cord?? :11: :shakehead: :(

I've had to deal with those exact problems before.

I've done a lot of tradeshow work before and in honesty it's not something that I enjoy. (neither working or attending). No matter what type of show it is.

I believe they wanted $1200/computer.

Yes indeed!
I had 2 computers .... so I ended up .... installing a local server on both computers and simulating the Internet connection. :D
Only issue is that I could not have people signing up as a beta testers on the spot :(

Extra? They charged you $57 per chair and over a $100 for each table.

Don't tell me ..... $350 each for the 2 stalls to support a monitor and a keyboard

As for the user, I was asking everyone connected with ScubaBoard if I could "pin" them.

I got the pin and I will keep it! How do I get invited to the party next time?

Regards,

I_AM

I got the pin and I will keep it! How do I get invited to the party next time?
Uh... you WERE invited! :D We had tickets at the booth as well as a thread in this forum inviting EVERYONE! First drink was on me, and that was an EXPENSIVE round! :D :D :D

Let me guess? 57 a chair, 100 a table and 1200 for internet access. Bet it had to be paid in cash to a guy named Vinny? I don't understand vegas unless they miss the brothels. When will they have one in the northeast? Plenty of places- New York, Boston, Hell even Pittsburgh. I'll probably never make it to one. Though I'd like to. But in order to bring a spouse you gotta lie and say she's part of the business. Guess that answers my question about why vegas. Bet the Bunny Ranch will be booming as well as all the others.

I think the next 6 years have the show alternating between Orlando and Vegas. I might start showing every other year! :D

Let me guess? 57 a chair, 100 a table and 1200 for internet access. Bet it had to be paid in cash to a guy named Vinny? I don't understand vegas unless they miss the brothels. When will they have one in the northeast? Plenty of places- New York, Boston, Hell even Pittsburgh. I'll probably never make it to one. Though I'd like to. But in order to bring a spouse you gotta lie and say she's part of the business. Guess that answers my question about why vegas. Bet the Bunny Ranch will be booming as well as all the others.

I guess the Vinny comment was addressed to the Italians on here huh?

No actually all the sicilians and italians like me! We have a long history of convention cost setting. As well as other things like the garbage pickup, construction of the venue, laundry services, what union can do what, etc. You never heard of Rupert, Shamus, Stashu, or Godfrey being involved in stuff like this.

I also just emailed DEMA's director to ask him why the northeast keeps getting shut out of the show as far as being held in our backyard for a change. I'll let y'all know if he responds.

I also just emailed DEMA's director to ask him why the northeast keeps getting shut out of the show as far as being held in our backyard for a change. I'll let y'all know if he responds.

No offense to the notrheast, but they need most conventions at locations that will draw in a crowd and have activities for non attendees (family, etc) to attend also.

That's why locations such as Vegas and Orlando make good sense for the convention. Because people will come because they want to go to Vegas or Orlando. Not that the northeast doesn't have plenty to do and some great wreck diving, but when you can sell taking the family to Disney while you're at DEMA, it's a lot easier to do.

Where are all the past DEMA locations (in the last 10-15 years)? Vegas, Orlando, New Orleans, anywhere else?

Where are all the past DEMA locations (in the last 10-15 years)? Vegas, Orlando, New Orleans, anywhere else?

Houston

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom