Desayunas

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

etexdiver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
We're trying to find places to eat breakfast before diving. Does anyone know of places close to 3P's/Villas Las Anclas that maybe open before 7 am? Not necessarily looking for a BIG breakfast, but maybe breakfast tacos or tortas. I know Jeanies, Rock N Java, and Casa Mexicana (not sure if you have to stay there or at Suites Bahia to get the breakfast), all open at 7am. We like breakfast, but I like for it to settle (broad term, I know) before getting in the dive boat. Any desayunas carts/restaurants close to that area that serve before 7am?

You don't have to be staying at Casa Mexicana to have breakfast there. There is a spot 1/2 a block or 1 block south of Casa Mexicana that I always see early morning locals/workers eating breakfast at. Not sure what it's called or what time they open, but it must be before 7am, since I am always walking past there around 7am or 7:15am, at the latest, and it is packed.

Now that you mention it, I think I remember it. Right next to the Post Office?

You don't have to be staying at Casa Mexicana to have breakfast there. There is a spot 1/2 a block or 1 block south of Casa Mexicana that I always see early morning locals/workers eating breakfast at. Not sure what it's called or what time they open, but it must be before 7am, since I am always walking past there around 7am or 7:15am, at the latest, and it is packed.
I meant to say North-- Sorry- not south of Casa Mexicana.

We're trying to find places to eat breakfast before diving. Does anyone know of places close to 3P's/Villas Las Anclas that maybe open before 7 am? Not necessarily looking for a BIG breakfast, but maybe breakfast tacos or tortas. I know Jeanies, Rock N Java, and Casa Mexicana (not sure if you have to stay there or at Suites Bahia to get the breakfast), all open at 7am. We like breakfast, but I like for it to settle (broad term, I know) before getting in the dive boat. Any desayunas carts/restaurants close to that area that serve before 7am?

Breakfast at Csa Mexicana is open to the public beginning at 7am - I believe it's around $10usd a person
The Bean (formerly Coffee Bean) opens around 6:30
Mar y Juana - I believe opens at 6:30
There are usually some street vendors opening up about 7:00
La Choza opens for breakfast at 7:00

You should have no trouble finding a quick bite - worst case scenario, there's Oxxo or the bakeries which are open early.

And here is an unsolicited Spanish lesson for today :wink:

Desayuna - is the present tense (he/she) conjugated form of the verb desayunar, to HAVE breakfast
desayuno is the noun meaning "breakfast"

I meant to say North-- Sorry- not south of Casa Mexicana.
We're not getting back until August, and we'll walk around and see what it is. We've always stayed at places that had breakfast, or somewhere you can make your own. We're just looking for something quick and easy, early. If you get a name or a photo, that would be awesome. We've walked all over in that area.

Breakfast at Csa Mexicana is open to the public beginning at 7am - I believe it's around $10usd a person
The Bean (formerly Coffee Bean) opens around 6:30
Mar y Juana - I believe opens at 6:30
There are usually some street vendors opening up about 7:00
La Choza opens for breakfast at 7:00

You should have no trouble finding a quick bite - worst case scenario, there's Oxxo or the bakeries which are open early.

And here is an unsolicited Spanish lesson for today :wink:

Desayuna - is the present tense (he/she) conjugated form of the verb desayunar, to HAVE breakfast
desayuno is the noun meaning "breakfast"
I guess I meant to say 'encontrar el desayuno', to FIND breakfast. Point taken, and thank you for the information.

I don’t know when it opens in the morning (I don’t think it opens before 7:00 a.m., but I could be wrong), but I used to grab some pastries from the Zermatt Bakery on Ave 5, about a block north of Wet Wendy’s - ham and cheese rolls are good, as are their sweet rolls - the night before, and grab a small bottle of OJ from the OXO down the street. Then, when I woke in the morning, I’d make coffee in my room, or get it from the hotel lobby, depending on where I was staying, and have coffee, OJ, and the pastries from Zermatt for breakfast. Not exactly a big breakfast, but I need something on my stomach before diving, and that did the trick. Plus, I’m an early riser, usually wide awake by 5:30 or 6:00, and it’s hard to find anything but an OXO open then.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom