Desayunas

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

La Choza has EXCELLENT breakfast! Many specialites that you can't get anywhere else on the island. All breakfast items are around $70 - $100 pesos or so.

Their Migas are the best!
Their breakfast is great and I agree the Migas are fantastic along with a good selection of juices.

We have a toaster and a fridge in the room, and we get peanut butter, strawberry preserves, bread, and OJ from Mega. PB and J sammich in paradise! :D

I just tell my cook the night before what and what time I want to eat. Most of the time I'm eating alone because I'm the only one in the house using one of the 5 bedrooms. Life is hard. The owner is always on me to bring more people. :)

Cheers -

La Choza breakfast FTW! Their migas are great, as are their huevos ala Choza (scrambled eggs with mole sauce). They'll fry you up some plantains, too, which are nice with breakfast. Nearby is La Cozumeleña, which has great molletes, crepes, and huevos jarochos (wrapped in tortillas and covered in beans and chorizo), and good juices.

I have to think a place that opened earlier than 7am for bfast, catering to divers would be successful? My biggest complaint about Coz is having to cram bfast down your throat in 10 minutes and hoping it can give nature a nudge before having to be at the boat 20 minutes later.

Taqueria Molina opens at 6am.

Bob
Thanks! A nice walk there, breakfast, a nice walk back, constitutionals (aaaah), get on the dive boat, DIVE! It may be the way to go...

I have to think a place that opened earlier than 7am for bfast, catering to divers would be successful? My biggest complaint about Coz is having to cram bfast down your throat in 10 minutes and hoping it can give nature a nudge before having to be at the boat 20 minutes later.
It would. Early breakfast, and have a good lunch menu. Cha-Ching. I can't speak for anyone else, but I start work early, so when I'm on vacation, my system still works early. In Cozumel, I am awake before the birds.

Thank you all for the ideas. We stayed at El Cantil in April, and it was great making breakfast early and watching the Cruise Ships come in, as well as watching the port wake up. Just didn't want to spend that much dinero this time. Always love our time in Cozumel!

It would. Early breakfast, and have a good lunch menu. Cha-Ching. I can't speak for anyone else, but I start work early, so when I'm on vacation, my system still works early. In Cozumel, I am awake before the birds.

Here in my "regular life", I usually stay up late and wake up with just enough time to do my morning stuff and get to work on time. When I am on Cozumel, however, I am up every morning at first light or before and in a hammock outside my room watching the island wake up. By the time the dive boat is ready to leave I have been up for hours and by 10PM I am abed or wishing I were.

I'm a "catch the dive boat at the Caleta at 0920" sort of person, and I can't even prove anything actually exists on the island between 0200 and 0800. I'm honestly not sure how big the demand is for tourist-oriented breakfast before even the mosquitos wake up. I have been told by reliable informants (but will likely never confirm in person) that there are lots of places to get a good breakfast early in the morning, but some such places cater more to working islanders who are more interested in quick service and low price, and who often want a taco, club sandwich, or torta for breakfast.

I know from the signs that Restaurant Tamarindos opens at 0600. They have amazing lechon tacos or tortas on Saturday and Wednesday and cochinita pibil other days, relleno negro, etc. You can get tacos, salbutes, tortas as well as eggs. I just now learned from their website that they have papadzules! They're on 30 Av at the corner of Calle 7, across from Meridiano 87. They have only a few tables and do constant take-out business. This is where I get my final breakfast when I'm leaving the island, along with tortas to take on the plane. I could probably auction those things off as soon as the other passengers become aware of them.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom