Desayunas

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Over the years we've found that the Mercado (30th and Juarez) was a quick and flavorful location for early breakfast.

Bob

How is the La Choza breakfast? We like it for dinner and lunch, didnt know they served breakfast. Their avocado pie is awesome!
I didn't know that they do breakfast either. Would love to hear about that.

Get to Rock n Java about 655 AM. Order eggs,hash browns and bacon to go. Walk to Aldora pier. Eat breakfast sitting there. Deposit trash in receptable. Get on boat.

First dive starts about an hour later so I don't violate that rule and drown.

How is the La Choza breakfast? We like it for dinner and lunch, didnt know they served breakfast. Their avocado pie is awesome!

La Choza has EXCELLENT breakfast! Many specialites that you can't get anywhere else on the island. All breakfast items are around $70 - $100 pesos or so.

Their Migas are the best!

Over the years we've found that the Mercado (30th and Juarez) was a quick and flavorful location for early breakfast.

Bob
Do you know when they open? If it's early enough, it might be worth the walk. Kind of in the opposite direction, though. Tres Pelicanos picks us up at 740am for the trip to the caleta.

We have a toaster and a fridge in the room, and we get peanut butter, strawberry preserves, bread, and OJ from Mega. PB and J sammich in paradise! :D
I like the BA breakfast when we stay there. Villas Las Anclas has a mini fridge and a micowave. No toaster, afaik.
La Choza has EXCELLENT breakfast! Many specialites that you can't get anywhere else on the island. All breakfast items are around $70 - $100 pesos or so.

Their Migas are the best!
Probably try La Choza. I didn't know they served breakfast either, and as others have stated; their lunch and dinner is awesome.

Last edited:
Getting back to the OP who is looking for a breakfast served before 7AM. Can't beat Mar-Y-Juana's that has been mentioned for location and convenience. We walk past it every day from the Casa Mexicana on our way around the corner to 3P's shop. Usually around 7:35AM on our walk there is a table full of taxi drivers eating breakfast and a few others as no one but divers and taxi drivers are up and eating that early. Remember, if you have a fridge the Mega (I hear the name will or already has changed since) is down the street to load up on whatever you may want for breakfast the next day and for many days.

We’ve stayed at a B&B right across from La Choza. It’s called Villa Escondida... Hidden Villa.
Magda, the owner and her husband offer an excellent breakfast. It’s very authentic and part of the offerings they have for their guests.

We left every morning with something new, something we’ve never tried or that we had heard about, but would not have had a chance but for Magda’s breakfast. She is actually a foodie, would even venture to say she is perhaps a chef or has had some culinary training. I mentioned to her that we like spicy foods, the next day, she made a traditional Yucatán Habanero sauce just for us, which we enjoyed and appreciated very much.

Now, back to La Choza... every morning, as we walked to catch our boat, we noticed that La Choza was closed. So if they were serving breakfast, it must have been just a bit later than what would have worked for us. Of course, things change and we may have not realized it.

When we stay at Villa Las Anclas, we generally fix our own breakfast. They have a shared stove top and some pots and pans that can be used to get your day off to a good start. As you mentioned, they have a mini-refrigerator in each unit, which you can stock up and fix some simple breakfast.

Cheers,

Ricardo
PS: @etexdiver, there is a new Spanish Restaurant just down the street from Villa Las Anclas. Give it a try for lunch or dinner. It’s called Casa Tomas. Food is very good and authentic. One more new place very close to Villa Las Anclas is Sal y Mar. Excellent too. Of course, Paella is something worth ordering in either one of those 2 places.

Somebody who gets it! That avocado pie is the bomb!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom