Did I make the wrong choice?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You are in charge of your depth. Make sure the op is clear on your needs and desires. You will be the one watching and keeping your chosen profile.
Yes! Absolutely. I 100% know that I am the one who makes sure I don't exceed the depth limit I set. Even with Alison, she or the group might go to 80-85, and I'd stop at 75.

I think I'm going to stick with TP, but just email one more time to make sure it is a good fit. Both Kevin and I really enjoyed diving with Alison, so I'm sure we'll use her again- but I think it will be good for me to try something else and see how it goes too.

Last edited:
Stick with them! Can't wait to hear the report.

This is your hard earned, and if you're like many here, over-planned vacation! :wink: It's not rude to cancel reservations unless it's at the last minute, and you usually pay for that decision so I say it's still fair. Do what you feel comfortable with. Life is stressful enough, vacation never should be!

I'm confident you'll have a great (safe) time with TP. I've heard great things about them and I've had some experience with one of their DM's (one of the best). However, if you feel more comfortable and believe you will have a better time with your original dive op, then by all means switch. Your vacation, your money, your peace of mind. We pay (often rather dearly) for this brief period of time each year to do what WE want. You're the boss, Hoss. Do whatever makes you feel good, and be well!

PS, How could you have made a mistake? You're going to Cozumel!! :)

Boo Hiss.....

We want to dive with Skittles on the Max again!

Tell Alison you want to do a night dive and you can. But you'll have to deal with that husband of hers, too.

FWIW - I was on the island last week and there was a report of a Tres Pelicanos captain falling asleep during a night dive. His divers were picked up by another boat who discovered the captain sleeping when they brought the divers back. I understand that the captain was terminated.

FWIW - I was on the island last week and there was a report of a Tres Pelicanos captain falling asleep during a night dive. His divers were picked up by another boat who discovered the captain sleeping when they brought the divers back. I understand that the captain was terminated.

See, Skittles, nothing to worry about..... :)

---------- Post added August 12th, 2014 at 01:02 PM ----------

Tell Alison you want to do a night dive and you can. But you'll have to deal with that husband of hers, too.

Well, we sorta look at Skittles as a package deal, him and her! (And he seems to just go with the flow. We know who the worry wart is....)

Well, we sorta look at Skittles as a package deal, him and her! (And he seems to just go with the flow. We know who the worry wart is....)

I went with the flow just fine when I belly flopped onto the deck from the pier. Alison was the one worried then.

Job opening!

They should have been suspicious of that pillow he always had with him.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom