Solved: Did the chat change?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Fogest

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Maybe I am just losing it or my browser is messed up but today when I went onto the chat I noticed the chatbot seems to annouce people entering the room now, and we lost a lot of options in the chat. I can't change things like my chat colour.

I also am no longer getting sound notifications which is not the best since I didn't always keep the window visible and would listen for the chat noises.

Any idea what is going on?

There was an update to the Chat software that I applied earlier. But not being familiar with what Chat options there were before, I'd suggest contacting one of the Chat mods to see if they can remedy this?

I do not know who the chat mods are. Froid?

But the list of problems/changes so far is that:
- Missing almost all of the previous chat options
- No more chat sound notifications
- The wrapping of text is broken and is wrapping chat messages right in the middle of words making reading harder
- Can't change the colour of our chat messages
- Bot announces when people are in the chat (this is fine though)

I can't seem to find a chat admin/mod to get ahold of. Would like this resolved, it is quite annoying now.

Chat also isn't auto updating when someone types in a new message. I have to hit refresh (f5) on my browser for the chat log to update...

At first I thought it was just my iPad being buggy, but I've tried it on my laptop with 3 different browsers and it's the same on each.

I do not know who the chat mods are. Froid?

But the list of problems/changes so far is that:
- Missing almost all of the previous chat options
- No more chat sound notifications
- The wrapping of text is broken and is wrapping chat messages right in the middle of words making reading harder
- Can't change the colour of our chat messages
- Bot announces when people are in the chat (this is fine though)
I don't see where these options are disabled? Maybe log out and log back in?

Chat also isn't auto updating when someone types in a new message. I have to hit refresh (f5) on my browser for the chat log to update...

At first I thought it was just my iPad being buggy, but I've tried it on my laptop with 3 different browsers and it's the same on each.
upload_2016-5-29_19-11-40.png

I don't see what the issue with this is. It appears to work just fine using Google Chrome.

View attachment 374462

I don't see what the issue with this is. It appears to work just fine using Google Chrome.

Yet I am currently in the chat room, my name is not showing up on the users list, and I couldn't see your "testing" message until I hit the refresh button on my browser (currently using Chrome as well).

:idk:

Maybe log out and back in?

Back
Top Bottom