Didn't pass swim test

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I had trouble with my swimming test too. I can swim 1km no problem in pool, but my test take place in open water, at beach. I remembered drank like 10 liters of water, then when water treading, I just lie still on the surface (I sucks with water treading), then I got faint head becasue of the wave........ But then since your test is in the pool, at least you get away with "wave problem".

bruinfan:
how do you do laps without touching the wall? that's pretty brutal. Wouldn't you have to touch the wall at the end of the lap, then turn around? I wouldn't call it cheating. Pushing off the wall is inherent to lap swimming. Anyways, my instructors didn't say one thing about it. We had another test, where we had to do an underwater swim across the length of the pool, one breath, and we couldn't push off.
Yeah, I don't know of any turns wthout touching the wall. Perhaps they meant holding on and resting, which would be cheating.

However, in hotel pools I've swam in circles without touching the sides, but that's for a different reason :)

Walter:
Close. It's a 200 m/yd swim OR a 300 m/yd snorkel.

You're right (of course :D ). I don't offer the snorkel unless it's a last resort thing. I don't even tell them about it until it becomes a last resort, for the reason you give - better to be able to swim it.

400m/yd swim is DM, and timed.

keep up the pool training and u will ge there

Back
Top Bottom