Differences Between UTD and GUE

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'll never go down without a fight.

I think it really may boil down to appropriate techniques for specific environments.

Personally, being relatively new to RD, I'm still in the "pragmatic deco" camp - run the profiles on Decoplanner then adjust it to suit convenience and preference. Then use RD as a means to adjust on the fly if required.

This works, but only on the surface and only when the lappy is handy. And poses some challenges when you decide to change it up UW. Esp with the deeper portions and/or shape since I really doubt any of us are diving a straight decoplanner shape.

not a ratio deco fan as a primary planning tool and I think 3030 is a dumb gas (aj hates when i say that)
did I piss off both sides there? lol

not a ratio deco fan as a primary planning tool and I think 3030 is a dumb gas (aj hates when i say that)
did I piss off both sides there? lol

I am a huge fan of GUE but I have to agree. Other than making my tanks easier to pick up I cannot think of a reason why nitrox would not suffice for dives under 100ft...

im not opposed to the helium. but it really is ginnie gas.
it does make the bottles ride nicer when you have a lot of them. but so would *gasp* 25/25

you know, some GUE divers use 25/30 when it is appropriate, but they just don't see the need to slag off on 30/30 on the internet at every opportunity...

so far i haven't ever heard of the GUE gestapo knocking on doors late at night and hauling away c-cards for the use of 25% O2 in a mix...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom