Difficulties getting C-Cards

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am sorry to say the same thing as before but who did you pay for the course work. In my case I am Seasports and our teaching partner I feel humbled to say is GoPro (nothing to do with camera and been teaching pros for decades). If you booked through us or directly with them and paid either the responsibility to see a successfully completed cert would be totally our responsibility not a transient employee. If you paid Aggressor they should have all the student records. Otherwise they need to stand up and give you satisfaction if you paid them for the service. If you paid for an OW course for your kids thats what tou should have. A PADI card that DSDs get costs much less. If you paid an op they need to stand up. If you paid an individual who ripped you off I am sorry. But if he/she has their own number at least you might be able to shut them down and if they were op affiliated the op needs to stand up.

Last edited:
I am sorry to say the same thing as before but who did you pay for the course work. In my case I am Seasports and our teaching partner I feel humbled to say is GoPro (nothing to do with camera and been teaching pros for decades). If you booked through us or directly with them and paid either the responsibility to see a successfully completed cert would be totally our responsibility not a transient employee. If you paid Aggressor they should have all the student records. Otherwise they need to stand up and give you satisfaction if you paid them for the service. If you paid for an OW course for your kids thats what tou should have. A PADI card that DSDs get costs much less. If you paid an op they need to stand up. If you paid an individual who ripped you off I am sorry. But if he/she has their own number at least you might be able to shut them down and if they were op affiliated the op needs to stand up.

I paid the local dive shop for the classroom/pool sessions and the Aggressor Fleet for the open water checkout dives.

Then The Aggressor who did the check out dives is responsible. They provided the instructor and he/she was given the task by them. There is ni excuse for them not to have the student records and to sort this out. You paid them for a service they did not complete. They should not have done the checkour dives unless they were happy with whst was completed up to that point. Stay on top of them. Much to big an op not to be happy to sort this out. If you can show proof of what you paid for, they have to produce something to show for it and do so on a timely basis.

The way I see this is If a PADI instructor gets Referral from a different agency the PADI instr is required to have student complete and pass the. 50 question ow final exam , fill out all forms found in a student record folder, go over required skills in confined water for skill assessment, go over skills that other agency does not teach , which may be CESA, then conduct the 4 ow training dives. Once that is done instructor can either fill in a paper pic card which is very unusual today, or apply for cards online. Never needed to send in referral form from other agency, prudent instructor would keep it in student folder for future reference if needed.

I paid the local dive shop for the classroom/pool sessions and the Aggressor Fleet for the open water checkout dives.
Did you have the local dive shop contact the Agressor Fleet to coordinate the referral process/handoff? Did you make sure both sides were PADI and could do this?

I did my class/pool work in NJ and my open water cert dives in Aruba about 4 weeks later. I worked with my LDS (PADI) to select a PADI shop in Aruba that was qualified to certify divers and my LDS coordinated the referral with them.

When I went to Aruba, I delivered the signed referral docs to the Aruba PADI shop and all went well. I paid PADI for the e-learning, my LDS for the class/pool work and the Aruba PADI shop for the 4 OW referral cert dives with an instructor.

I had my c-card in hand 2 weeks later.

Last edited:
I spoke to the Aggressor Fleet administration office this morning. It appears they cannot find any records for that cruise. They are recommending "rinse and repeat" due the lack of records and the amount of time that has passed.

SDI training department did find shop that will redo the OW dives for $600, which is less than $1200. I've also had offers of help from folks on this board. I'm sure we will get their C-cards somehow, but I would strongly suggest to any new student NOT to use the Global Referral program. It has serious problems.

The way I see this is If a PADI instructor gets Referral from a different agency the PADI instr is required to have student complete and pass the. 50 question ow final exam , fill out all forms found in a student record folder, go over required skills in confined water for skill assessment, go over skills that other agency does not teach , which may be CESA, then conduct the 4 ow training dives. Once that is done instructor can either fill in a paper pic card which is very unusual today, or apply for cards online. Never needed to send in referral form from other agency, prudent instructor would keep it in student folder for future reference if needed.

that is if the PADI instructor running the checkout dives is issuing the cert under padi standards. since the OP started with SDI, the SDI global referral process is that the open water instructor gives the completed record of the checkout dives to the student and they take it back to the confined water SDI instructor to get their cert processed. PADI wouldn't be involved.

https://www.tdisdi.com/UserFiles/File/SDI/Referal/global_agreement.pdf

https://www.tdisdi.com/UserFiles/File/SDI/Referal/global_referral.pdf

Thanks for that information. How can I get my children their c-cards? I'm pretty sure we are not the first person with this difficulty.

Did you get a filled out SDI global referral form from the instructor on Aggressor? For the gloabl referral, the SDI shop should have informed you that you have to bring a completed form back to your original confined water instructor to get the cert processed through SDI

https://www.tdisdi.com/UserFiles/File/SDI/Referal/global_referral.pdf

That would be a seriously weak response from any company for any customer issue.

It would certainly make me think twice about booking any trip with them.

At this point, I would show them a copy of your payment for the open water dives to refresh their memory, along with your planned course of action if they do not take responsibility for their actions.

We're both a PADI and SDI/TDI shop. I'm going to try and get him squared away.

This issue is a great reason to only pay with AMEX. I had an issue once like this and spent 6 months trying to resolve it. When I finally thought to call Amex, they refunded my money within 12 hours.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom