DIN to Yoke adapter

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I'm sure this has been asked a million times but I couldn't find the right answer after searching. I have an Atomic B2 with a DIN. I'm going to cozumel and want a DIN to Yoke adapter. Any recommendations or are they all about the same. Any that scubatoys has any good?

A DIN to Yoke is a DIN to Yoke. Find the cheapest one you can get.

I'll second that. I bought the one scubatoys carries and it worked just fine on my last vacation. It's a chunk of metal with a knob, I can't see how it matters which "brand" you get.

Some are prettier than others. For example, I had to choose between one with a somewhat more rounded cross section on the yoke frame versus one with a more rectangular neo-industrial look. The contours of the yoke screws are also varied, but you can always replace the yoke screw with one of a different style. :D

(Yeah, I bought the cheap one.)

Yes, the diveriteexpress.com one is a pretty low profile one. It has a lower profle than my Zeagle adapter.

Another option which we just did was to buy the parts so that we could make the stages either DIN or Yoke. Removing the DIN is easy as it just requires a hex wrench. Adding the Yoke nut assembly is a bit trickier as you need a 1" socket for this - unfortunately most sockets do not fit inside the yoke so you need a special made on (www.scubatools.com). Using an adjustable wrench will sometimes work but not always.

The only reason I bring this up is because it just seemed to make life easier and the cost was not much different.

That said a DIN to yoke that does match your regs is kind of nice. But they all of the same thing.

Any brand DIN to Yoke adapter will do the trick. Some are shorter than others, however, so the shorter ones are better since they don't put your first stage quite as close to the back of your head.

I agree, go for cheap. I recently bought this one on LiesurePro for $32...
http://www.leisurepro.com/Prod/AQUDRC.html That's about half the price of the fancy ones. If you don't have some kind of "stopper" you'll need to buy one for it. I had one lying around (read on). The expensive adaptors all seem to have stoppers.

I also agree that shorter is better, to reduce the chance of your banging your head on it.

I think there may be a difference between the hi- and lo-priced adaptors. If you're prone to dropping a rigged tank on its head, you need an adaptor made of kryptonite, to ensure it can't bend when it hits the deck (mine did, making for a frustrating experience fixing bubble streams). Kryptonite costs.:(

Atomic makes one out of titanium. Because brass...just isn't good enough.
$350.

BigTuna:
If you're prone to dropping a rigged tank on its head, you need an adaptor made of kryptonite, to ensure it can't bend when it hits the deck (mine did, making for a frustrating experience fixing bubble streams). Kryptonite costs.:(
On the contrary! If you're prone to dropping a rigged tank on its reg, go for the cheapest, flimsiest adapter you can find. Then buy two (or more) of them. When you break the adapter, you can be happy that it absorbed the impact, sacrificing itself to reduce the forces acting on the regulator itself.

(Of course, it's better not to flip the tanks, but hey.)

Back
Top Bottom