Dining in Key Largo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wife and I ate at the Bayside Grill at sundown last time we were there. Loved It. breakfast at Harriettes was awesome and we enjoyed a lunch and some down time at Sharky's. Then there was that Pizza place somewhere at Islamorlorda or Marathon or somewhere between. It was excellent. Can't remember exactly where we were. Wife and I were driving down towards Key West and smelled it. Stopped for lunch and great pizza. It was on the oceanside.

AL

Wife and I ate at the Bayside Grill at sundown last time we were there. Loved It. breakfast at Harriettes was awesome and we enjoyed a lunch and some down time at Sharky's. Then there was that Pizza place somewhere at Islamorlorda or Marathon or somewhere between. It was excellent. Can't remember exactly where we were. Wife and I were driving down towards Key West and smelled it. Stopped for lunch and great pizza. It was on the oceanside.

AL

Bayside Grill is great. That is one place that I usually get one of the nightly specials.

The pig wings are just awesome at Rib Daddy's....
Lots of votes for Fish House, It just struck me as kinda pricey and gawdy....

I'm surprised no one has mentioned hobo's... they've slided downhill lately...

I also like the jerk wings at the irish place in the strip mall down by Conch, but yea, service is S-L-O-W there at times, 'specially when ya drink like a fish....

Buzzard's Roost is consistent....

Tim, are you feeling up Hello Kitty in your avatar?

Dive with Ocean Divers, eat next door at the Galley. Ive done both many, many times

Good diving, Craig

Yes, they run from the Marriott on the bayside. There's some disadvantages to the Upper Keys locations on the bayside. Namely they have to transit the Adams waterway and Pennecamp Park to get to the ocean. It's a minimum of 30 minutes one-way and will cut into your dive time. Outside of that and specific to It's a Dive, they run a big Corinthian dive boat that can be quite the cattle call if they are crowded.
Seastar%20Underway.JPG

IMO, there are better choices unless you're on their six-pack boat.

THanks for your reply. THe problem with Ocean Divers is that they don't have a DM or instructor in the water with you unless you pay a lot more money for the dive. DH and I are novice divers - and would be at issue with diving in a new site, without the guidance.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom