DIR and Dual Bladder wings? Also Double reg set-up?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jason B:
The point of double Al80's was brought up as an alternative to diving heavy steel doubles in a wetsuit and a dual bladder wing.

All doubles, steel or aluminum, are less negative at the end of a dive.
All doubles, steel or aluminum, are effected by the weight of the bands, manifolds and regs.

Aluminum tanks (being that they actually swing several pounds positive at the end) will be less negative than a set of steel doubles and more suited for wetsuit diving (easier to achieve a balanced rig).
Bingo.

As to amascuba's comment about a 4lbs tail wait--everyone is different. I have no problems holding at 10ft in an Al80 with 500psi (and even less)--in fact I can descend if I want; this is in my Eclipse with ss backplate and 3mm full wetsuit.. So the moral of the story is that everyone needs to try out their own weighting to see how it's going to work out.

SparticleBrane:
Bingo.

As to amascuba's comment about a 4lbs tail wait--everyone is different. I have no problems holding at 10ft in an Al80 with 500psi (and even less)--in fact I can descend if I want; this is in my Eclipse with ss backplate and 3mm full wetsuit.. So the moral of the story is that everyone needs to try out their own weighting to see how it's going to work out.

In a 3mm wetsuit, 6# backplate, in fresh water, and a single AL80 I don't need any added weight. In double AL80's with everything else the same I need a 2# tail weight. In double AL80's in my drysuit and polyester underwear I need a 4# tail weight. :)

Haven't tried out double Al80s yet; it'll be soon though.

Thank you all for your help. I love the PSt 100's doubled up, and I trim beautifully with my Drysuit on, they are a perfec match.

Problem is, I dive mostley in the ocean, so far this year, with only several trips upto the springs.

So I knew for sure I was way over weighted with my steel 100's, but I only dove the 80's doubled up for a short amount of time.

I'm confindiant I should be able to swim up a good balanced rig, and for diving wet, most of the year, and now that I'm not using a dual bladder wing, I'll feel better with the 80's doubled up.

It should balance out well.

I'm going diving all weekend this weekend, and am finishing the final adjustments for them tonight, and plan on diving them this weekend,I'll keep you all posted

Thanks for everyone help

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom