DIR / DIR Curious Shore Dive Event - October 9th - Final Planning / Details

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I would like to attend the event and try out a bp/w. I haven't decided what to bring i will update later. My buddy is out of town and i think you may want to attend i won't know for another week. He just bought a bp/w and needs to try it out
Christy

Unfortunately, no portable grills, but we had good luck with the grills that were there!

We had even better luck once we started using the portable grill, if memory serves :D

(shhh, it's a secret)

LOL, hmmnnn, not sure what to do now. Normally I have no problem using the regular grills but for a good steak, you really need ultra high heat for searing.

Decisions decisions.

I will brings fruits - apples, oranges, grapes etc. just whole fruits, I think it is easier than trying to do a fruit salad.

Nicole, I will try to get there early for parking and holding down the tables.

Eileen

My buddy, Christian (DIR), said he'll be joining us and will be bringing some hamburgers, buns, and condiments (as well as a spatula to flip the burgers with).

If you haven't yet responded to confirm that you'll be joining us and letting us know what you'll be bringing, please do so! We still need someone to bring grill items (charcoal, some way to light the charcoal, grilling utensils, etc)

Also, if you'd like to try out a bp/w, please (please, please) let me know sooner rather than later, so I can make sure that we have enough. So far, only two people have said they're interested, and I have to guess there are more who might be, so please let me know.

Hmmm....do you need anything else. I'd like to come.

By the way at least how you have it defined I am DIR, but I suspect that is highly subject to question.

I'd like to try our a bp/w but here's a question:
I have a weight integrated bc with soft weights, do I need to round up a belt and some lead to go with it?

I have a weight integrated bc with soft weights, do I need to round up a belt and some lead to go with it?

Maybe. :)

How much lead do you use with your current BC? Most backplates are around 5-6# negative. Also, most "standard" BCs are inherently 2-4# positive. Just switching saves you 7-10#. If you're using less than that with your current BC, you'll be fine (possibly over-weighted). If you're using more, you'll need to make up for that difference either with a weightbelt or a weighted STA (or finding some other way to attach the needed weight, e.g. pouches attached to the cam bands).

Back
Top Bottom