DIR / DIR Curious Shore Dive Event - October 9th - Final Planning / Details

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am definitely coming. I can bring lemon bars- if there aren't already too many people bringing desert...alternately i can bring whatever else anyone can think of that hasn't been spoken for yet.

I find it hard to imagine that we could have too many desserts :wink:

Honestly, though, seems we've got quite a bit of stuff covered, so whatever others want to bring will be great. We've got a potato salad (non-mayonnaise, so if you want a traditional potato salad, feel free to bring that), a pasta salad, a chickpea salad....but maybe some kind of green salad could be nice??

Just a though....even though we have 30ish people attending this event, please do not make/bring 30 person portions. The beauty of the potluck is that we can each try a little bit of everything and not worry about being responsible to bring enough for 30 people!

I think I've got the remnants available to build a couple of weight belts. I'll check over the weekend and see what I can put together. Otherwise, I'd suspect our wise instructors might be able to swing some belts...

I'll bring some form of tubed meat. Mmmmmm... tubed meat. And buns.

And maybe trash bags. Seems that we'll have a lot of stuff.

CHANGE OF PLANS! :D :D :D

They moved the date of my father-in-law's b-day party to Sunday. So...I'm in! Nicole, I definitely would love to try diving in a BP/W, so if you have enough gear, sign me up. :)

Haven't read through this whole thread yet to see what's needed pot-luck-wise, but I'll post once I know what I'm bringing. I'm going bug-hunting this weekend - maybe I'll bring something with lobster in it! (If I catch enough...and if I can bear to part with them...) :wink:

I think I've got the remnants available to build a couple of weight belts. I'll check over the weekend and see what I can put together. Otherwise, I'd suspect our wise instructors might be able to swing some belts...

I have some extra weights as well (will have a belt with six pounds on it as my poor husband is going to be stuck in India the week leading up to the 9th, and won't be able to make it to Laguna till after the first dive....plus I have an extra eight pounds sitting around, so if we can get some webbing, I have a buckle and some weights).

I'll shoot out a PM to those who are interested in trying a bp/w and make sure that we have enough weights available on the day of the event. Another reason to please let me know if you'd like to borrow a bp/w for the day!!

I'll bring some form of tubed meat. Mmmmmm... tubed meat. And buns.

And maybe trash bags. Seems that we'll have a lot of stuff.

Tubed meat....that sounds disgusting!!! haha

Trash bags....you are genius!! I always forget about trash bags. Thank you, Marc!

CHANGE OF PLANS! :D :D :D

They moved the date of my father-in-law's b-day party to Sunday. So...I'm in! Nicole, I definitely would love to try diving in a BP/W, so if you have enough gear, sign me up. :)

Haven't read through this whole thread yet to see what's needed pot-luck-wise, but I'll post once I know what I'm bringing. I'm going bug-hunting this weekend - maybe I'll bring something with lobster in it! (If I catch enough...and if I can bear to part with them...) :wink:

That's awesome news, LeeAnne!! I'm so excited that you will be able to make it :D

Will mark you down as wanting to borrow a bp/w. Good luck with the lobsters :wink:

Okay, I'm bringing a cold baked-salmon appetizer, served with crackers and spreadable cheese.

I just read through the thread, and the whole weight-belt thing caught my attention. Like others, I use integrated weight pouches. I don't have a belt at all. I'll see if I can borrow one beforehand. I'm going out on Mr. C this weekend, and DM Walt might be able to loan me one...I'll let you know.

I'm planning on coming, help a lazy guy out and let me know what bring :wink:

I'm gtg Nicole would fresh Bagels and different spreads be ok? Or fresh fruit trays? Let me know thanks.

Mmmmm, yet another great idea! We've got lots of stuff ready to go for lunch, but bagels with spreads would be great pre-dive food :D

Back
Top Bottom