DIR / DIR Curious Shore Dive Event - October 9th - Final Planning / Details

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

:DRECYCLE RECYCLE RECYCLE RECYCLE RECYCLE RECYCLE:D

I will bring bags for recycling cans and bottles!!!

Since I have to pick up rental tanks, I can grab a weight belt for myself Nicole.

I'm thinking about a DIR chocolate cake, as I'm inline with the above: unlikely we'll have too many desert.

I'm thinking about a DIR chocolate cake, as I'm inline with the above: unlikely we'll have too many desert.

Hmmm...dying to know what exactly makes a chocolate cake "DIR". Does it have to be eaten with a buddy? Using Halcyon utensils? :wink:

We had even better luck once we started using the portable grill, if memory serves :D

The item that shall not be named will be in my car.

Also, I'll bring a port-a-shade, condiments for burgers and tube meat (ketchup, at least two mustards, maybe a spicy deli style spread, chopped onion, pickles)

I'll make some burgers too, special Dutch Springs recipe.

I'll bring the big cooler and some soda.

Hey Nicole,

Looks like you can count me in for the get together.

Hmmm...dying to know what exactly makes a chocolate cake "DIR".

There have to be either two or three of them. One is too few, four is too many.

And they all need a long hoses.

Tubed meat....that sounds disgusting!!! haha

The seagulls disagree.

Hmmm...dying to know what exactly makes a chocolate cake "DIR". Does it have to be eaten with a buddy? Using Halcyon utensils? :wink:

it is done right using an holistic approach
you need to plan before making it
you need to check before eating it
you can't eat it by yourself indeed !

Well, I'll see about getting a cake team. Very challenging. But as some people plan to have plenty of tubed meat, it may not be necessary

Hey Nicole,

Looks like you can count me in for the get together.

Awesome! Let me know what you plan on bringing and if you'd like to borrow a bp/w. Glad to hear you can make it!

The seagulls disagree.

Haha, repeat performance?? Seagulls are dirty creatures :wink:

And they all need a long hoses.

it is done right using an holistic approach
you need to plan before making it
you need to check before eating it
you can't eat it by yourself indeed !

Well, I'll see about getting a cake team. Very challenging. But as some people plan to have plenty of tubed meat, it may not be necessary

All this DIR cake talk is too funny! Thanks for showing everyone that we don't have to all be serious and total jerk-offs :wink:

Here's my take on how to make/consume a DIR cake:

1. Ingredient amounts must be calculated based on standardized tables indicating the necessary amounts of ingredients based on variables such as the desired size of the cake, length of bake time, and oven temp.

2. Baking duration must be calculated by ratio temperature algorithms done on-the-fly.

3. Time in the oven must be timed by an analog timer (although you can use a digital timer to supplement the analog, if you're not completely comfortable with your math skills yet).

4. You must use a custom tri-mix blend of baking soda, cream of tarter and phosphate. People who just use ordinary, pre-mixed baking powder are lazy, not to mention flirting with disaster, and are probably gonna die.

5. Only standardized pans and utensils, stored in their proper locations, can be used. Any DIR baker should be able to walk into your kitchen and know exactly where your stainless-steel teaspoon measures are. And you must have two of each item. But no MORE than two. And split-ended knives are simply not allowed. Anyone who uses them is probably gonna die.

6. No plastic forks can be used to eat the cake. Those are suicide! Stainless steel forks only.

7. Consume the cake using the rule of rock-bottom: there must always be enough left so that if the worst happens (e.g. your buddy runs out of tube-meat), there will be enough so that nobody goes hungry.

8. Only those at an appropriate fitness level can consume the cake. (Which kinda defeats the purpose of eating a cake...but hey, I don't make the rules!)

:D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom