DIR Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sometimes Silence can be a formidable weapon.

There is a Master of that Art form very close by.........

Aquamaniac once bubbled...
Sometimes Silence can be a formidable weapon.

There is a Master of that Art form very close by.........

No,
I have no Transpac II. It doesn't accept a BP in it so I didn't choose it.

newton wrote...
...I *hate* weight-belts. I'm apparently one of the few people that still use their ACB system from Halcyon since they work better for me than weight-belts.
More than a few of us, I suspect. Weight belts bite.

Computers are great, if you put them into gauge mode and leave them like that.

Plan your dive, dive your plan, and decompress properly (1 minute stop every 10feet for NDL diving), and you shouldn't miss the lack of a computer.

That's for recreational diving, btw. For more technical diving (with planned deco, etc) they're right out (with DIR).

jeff

Scuba446 once bubbled...
PS What’s DIR's stance on dive computers?

Not that this was part of your original question, but DIR is partly about standardizing your base gear, while bringing the special gear you might need. There's nothing particularly unDIR about a BFK, it would probably just be suggested that you get a smaller, more reasonable knife to go on your webbing as a primary device for freeing entanglements, and bring your BFK in addition when you felt you'd need it (ie, Cooper River or whatever).

And the computer is probably just fine if you wrist mount it and put it in gauge mode :wink:

jeff

SeaJay once bubbled...
I may have a saving grace, though... I will not ditch my BFK. I like my pigsticker. Sure, it's rediculous, but it's great to use as a little mini anchor in high current, zero-vis dives with a muddy bottom. It also makes a cool clanking sound when I walk topside. :D Oh yeah, and my girlfriend says it's sexy. :D Little kids think I'm Captain Hook. :D

Oh, and I still want a computer. See, I think it boils down to the kind of diving I'm doing. Anyway, more on that another time.

Ok,
Thanks...

Back
Top Bottom