dir regs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mrmcfealy

Reaction score
just a quick question,
I have been reading alot about dir diving lately, and it seems real interesting. Might be something ill get into when i finish college and get some cash. Anyhow i just wanted to know what kind of regs dir divers prefer, make and model.
Thanks for your help
Doug
SSI DiveCon

ScubaPro and Apeks...just about anything they make.

Performance is similiar...flip a coin.

ElectricZombie once bubbled...
ScubaPro and Apeks...just about anything they make.

Performance is similiar...flip a coin.
Or find out what your local divers use and ask them why? Then it may be an idea to buy something like what they have if you intend to dive with them as they will know doubt have experienced many of the failures of equipment (if any) that they can warn you about.

But that said either are good regs, try them if you can.

When diving singles I personally use a Apeks ATX200 (silver) with Apeks AT40 as backup reg.
When diving doubles I use the above but with a second first stage, my wife's Aqualung. Then just move the hoses around.
I also use a OMS guage, simple and solid - pressure only.

Why DIR Divers use only APEKS and Scubapro ??
I don't Know !!

I think Aqualung Legend or Oceanic Regulators are same technical characteristics of these regulator.

I think is only fashion, and if I don't use Apeks I'm not DIR Diver...

I'm not agreement :(

Max

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom