Direct wholesale purchase from WMD

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

i've actually dived the WMD regs down to 160ft myself. they are copies of the apeks design. maybe not quite as good, but function fine.

these regs have been rebadged by other brands like hog/dive rite and used in cave diving, so it isn't like they don't have a track record.

taiwan also isn't the same as the mainland and the quality culture is significantly higher. TSMC has the most advanced semiconductor manufacturing facility in the world in taiwan.

these regs have been rebadged by other brands like hog/dive rite and used in cave diving, so it isn't like they don't have a track record.

I am sure that HOG and Diverite, etc. have the ability and knowledge when things are not done right and the business clout to influence the design, manufacturing and quality control in contrast to somebody like me who doesn't have much of clout to make too much of a difference when things aren't right. There is also the issue with recalls, HOG, D6, Diverite have the knowledge to know when there is something wrong and can force the original mfg to replace what is wrong, I doubt that the OEM will even bother to tell me that there is a recall if and when there is something wrong with their products. They sit in their factory offices in China or Tw and don't care what happens to you when you are thousands of miles away and no one will speak up on your behalf.

most people aren't going to be buying from an OEM. they would be relying on the rebadging brand to handle that aspect.

as to recalls, if you aren't modifying the designs, i wouldn't be so worried as the original design has been verified enough in real world usage.

the white hp seat used is not as good as the black apeks though.

I intend to use these regulators for a non-scuba application. Essentially it will be used in the place of an air compressor.

A failure wont result in any harm so I'm really just looking for the lowest price (within reason).

let me remind to all of yours:
Look at the epigraph... it is the answer to your question about brand of this reg. Here is the origin (at least P600) - W.M.D-1st Stage Regulator
I think yours asking R1A from the similar source :)
like that Regulator Set 7 but with another front cover
WMD quality sometimes better than another, e.g. I`d found inside NEW Aqualung regulators some whittling particles.
And what could be more worst quality inside? Another kind of brass? Another rubber?
see epigraph again.. :)

I intend to use these regulators for a non-scuba application. Essentially it will be used in the place of an air compressor.

A failure wont result in any harm so I'm really just looking for the lowest price (within reason).

why go that route for non scuba? you can get a portable electric compressor from home depot/lowes for less than 200

cga air regulator and yoke to NPT adapter might be cheaper option than scuba first stages

i've actually dived the WMD regs down to 160ft myself. they are copies of the apeks design. maybe not quite as good, but function fine.

taiwan also isn't the same as the mainland and the quality culture is significantly higher. TSMC has the most advanced semiconductor manufacturing facility in the world in taiwan.
HOG has NEVER sold regulators made/rebadged by WMD, that is not correct

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom