Direct wholesale purchase from WMD

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

runsongas - the reason for the tank is portability

here is the application: http://www.aircommandrockets.com/scuba.htm

Cool. Looks like fun.

One thing I did notice is that with the exception of the diagram with the scuba second stage, which will function as an overpressure relief in the event of a first stage failure, there is no overpressure relief in the other configurations.

Over-Pressure Relief Valve (User Adjustable) | Dive Gear Express® will work when placed in a low pressure port. Without a relief, if the first stage fails, it can increase pressure in the low pressure hose until it bursts and flails around 'till the tank empties. Don't ask how I know.

Good luck

Bob

Cool. Looks like fun.
One thing I did notice is that with the exception of the diagram with the scuba second stage, which will function as an overpressure relief in the event of a first stage failure, there is no overpressure relief in the other configurations.
Over-Pressure Relief Valve (User Adjustable) | Dive Gear Express® will work when placed in a low pressure port. Without a relief, if the first stage fails, it can increase pressure in the low pressure hose until it bursts and flails around 'till the tank empties. Don't ask how I know.
Overpressure valve is most important underwater. It allow you to keep air feeding, even with regulator failure.
But on the surface - you can have just loud sound from hose explosion.
Also, I think, probability of hose explosion is less, than "Water rocket" explosion. :)

Overpressure valve is most important underwater. It allow you to keep air feeding, even with regulator failure.
But on the surface - you can have just loud sound from hose explosion.
Also, I think, probability of hose explosion is less, than "Water rocket" explosion. :)

Yes it is more important underwater so one can keep breathing.

On the surface it depends on the failure and how much of the tank pressure winds up on the low pressure side and the flow available after the hose breaks. The hose will be moving around with at least IP coming out untill the tank drains, or someone shuts it off.

They will be back from the rocket, knowing the dangers, not necessarly back from the tank and hose.

Bob

Runsongas - I have briefly looked at cga valves and it seems like a cheap scuba regulator is less expensive (around $55 retail)

Bob - thank you for the tip about the relief valve I hadn't considered that!

It would be significantly less than that wholesale if you plan to buy 100

Back
Top Bottom