disabled friendly destinations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

divingjd:
Divi Tiara on Cayman Brac. We were there in February and there was a disabled diver on the boat with us a few days. Resort staff and dive staff are very helpful. If you need anything special, just talk to Max, the manager. He is super-helpful. I think if you get a first floor room, there are no steps to navigate anywhere on the property. I could be wrong about that, but there sure aren't very many. It's a fun place to stay and dive, the diving is great, and the food is pretty good. The front page of their website currently has a link to a story about disabled divers: http://www.diviresorts.com/divitiara/resort.asp.
I've been told that the Divi Resort in Bonaire is also accessible.

In Aruba, I noticed that several of the resorts on Palm Beach had wheelchair accesible beach spots.

They also had a paved boardwalk between the hotel and the beach. (most of the wheelchair spots were located off this.

PM me if you need me to help with more info on this destination.

My wife and i are going diving with the eels on wheels club at the end of the month. I believe there are around 12 to 15 adaptive divers going along to little cayman beach resort.

Thanks,
texasdiver13

RoatanMan:
CoCoView on Roatan. www.cocoviewresort.com

Let them know what you need. The ramps get placed down, the dive staff makes magic. Wheel chairs are a common sight. Everybody gets treated the same.

Jim, as referenced above from "DiveHeart" has been down a couple of times.

I was with a couple down in CoCoView a couple of weeks ago, and he was able to get around the resort quite well. We were on the same boat all week, and he was the last one on and sat at the back. Seemed to work out very well. They said they like to come back every year because of the ease, as well as the support they receive (as needed) at the resort. In fact, I see they are already signed up for a trip there next year that I'm also going on.

The Divi Flamingo in Bonaire is very handicap friendly. Last time we where there, a group of 10-12 disabled divers were having the time of thei life, both under water and above.

Dave (aka "Squirt")

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom