Disadvantages of DIR ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

-hh:
First, my thanks to Bob & Cornfed for elevating this to a real discussion ... hopefully, I'll have more than a minute and can contribute a comment to that.

Maybe that's because it might not be a big problem?

<snip >

f a dive jumps from low risk to high for you just because of how your backup is configured, you have bigger problems than just your equipment configuration.

-hh

Funny how a sensible reply gets no response, i agree hh

Northeastwrecks:
Thanks ever so much.

I'm disappointed that you won't back up your claim. I guess that we'll never get to see what passes in your world for math. Then again, as I recall, you've never been able to explain your unreasoned fear of GUE, DIR, etc... I guess that you've added PADI to the list now.

I can't believe someone requires this much attention, as you do. <chuckling>

Very sorry to read you have no faith in the DAN statistics. I'll see what I can dig up for you as far as PADI and GUE statistics since you have absolutely no use for DAN. <smiling>

CincyBengalsFan:
I can't believe someone requires this much attention, as you do. <chuckling>

Very sorry to read you have no faith in the DAN statistics. I'll see what I can dig up for you as far as PADI and GUE statistics since you have absolutely no use for DAN. <smiling>

Don't flatter yourself.

I have no issue with the DAN statistics. I merely point out that your statement regarding other statistics is not based in fact. Instead, it's based in your personal prejudices and has no merit.

That's hardly news, but it's worth pointing out.

Northeastwrecks:
Don't flatter yourself.

I have no issue with the DAN statistics. I merely point out that your statement regarding other statistics is not based in fact. Instead, it's based in your personal prejudices and has no merit.

That's hardly news, but it's worth pointing out.

TBS...Right Now..The Family Guy is on...It will cheer you up, maybe place a smile on your face.

Now I'm prejudice because the PADI poll or whoever might be bias towards other agencies. Okay....I guess a polictical party has no bias either towards other parties according to your philosphy.

Good Luck with that and all.

CincyBengalsFan:
TBS...Right Now..The Family Guy is on...It will cheer you up, maybe place a smile on your face.

Now I'm prejudice because the PADI poll or whoever might be bias towards other agencies. Okay....I guess a polictical party has no bias either towards other parties according to your philosphy.

Good Luck with that and all.
Are you channelling James Joyce? I thought Ulysses was hard to understand, but you're the new champion. :wink:

KimLeece:
I would have thought that it might be more to do with following training rather than the training itself. Rec divers with little training too often seem to forget what they were actually taught - resulting in dangerous situations. Divers who have done more advanced (and much more expensive) training seem to dive more often, practice more, and generally put into practice what they have learnt because they know you can't simply 'forget' bits. Sure diving always has some risk - so does crossing a road: if you look before you cross a road it's less risk, if you do what you were taught by your instructor diving is also safer than if you don't.

Being told something in passing or shown and trying something once isn't always the same as being taught. We forget lots of things but we tend to remember things that were really taught.

IMO, this is what's wrong with a class that includes only a couple of hours in-water time and home study that's supposed to pass for classroom. It's like having the theory or realativity rattled off to you in 5 minutes. You hear it and if you're sharp enough you can recite it back but you don't understand the implications of the individual pieces therefor you can't apply it.

May as well just skip it for all the good it does you.

ScubaNorth:
I'm sorry I forgot the question.

then you can't win the prize by getting the answer right. too bad . it was worth a lot of money

This thing's gonna go passed 600...any takers for four digits?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom