Disassembling doubles for hydro

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Who would even think it's good business to not take your money to fill a set of doubles, after they have clearly been just hydroed and vip'ed.

Only a lds would say, you didn't give me the $200, so I won't take your $25, and any other money you might spend in the shop in the future.

My LDS doesn't do doubles, so when they VIP my vintage set, I break them down and put them together in their shop. When I take them to the hydro shop, I just bring them in for the VIP dismantled.

That's what the owner told me on the phone. But then again, he goes out of his way to discourage me from using doubles or even thinking about going tech.

One of those people. I’m sorry. Sounds like you’re stuck with this shop.

Why on earth, would an lds discourage you from using doubles or doing tech, who spends more money, rec vacation diver or somebody running doubles.

That's what the owner told me on the phone. But then again, he goes out of his way to discourage me from using doubles or even thinking about going tech.

$200 is highway robbery. Any other local shops, because I'd be looking for a new one.

Why on earth, would an lds discourage you from using doubles or doing tech, who spends more money, rec vacation diver or somebody running doubles.

Because they make their money by selling gear to wealthy rec divers and their kids and taking them places like Tahiti. They have instructors who can do tech training (I guess), but it's definitely not the line of business they promote.

Because they make their money by selling gear to wealthy rec divers and their kids and taking them places like Tahiti. They have instructors who can do tech training (I guess), but it's definitely not the line of business they promote.

I had a suspicion you were going to say that.

Warm water shops often think tech anything is crazy. I’ve run into it myself locally. They’re also the ones who won’t push their compressors past 3K to fill HP tanks. Steel tanks are crazy. AL80s are the only ones worth diving!

When I got in the water last week, for some reason, I took a financial inventory of the gear I had on my body, it was close to $16k, how many rec vaca divers would it take to make that up.

Disassemble, put in the manifold plugs.

Refill with whip.

Take in for hydro/vip fills.

Use tanks as singles once.

Reassemble them as doubles and refill with whip.

Take to be refilled.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom