Dive Buddys - Who's diving where this week?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

diver_paula:
Also, how about starting a new thread for each weekend? Otherwise new members to the board will have to keep looking through 7 or more pages to find the current weekend.

:33: You know, Paula has a point there, but I'd like to take it one step further. Maybe one thread for each weekend and have it expire and disappear (or get archived?) after a period of time. I'd lean more in favor of archiving separate from the main forum to save space and make searches easier.

I could be way off base though,
Bob

I'm going to go ahead and disagree with you both here. Users can click on the 'view last post' icon and not have to muddle through old news in the one monster thread, so you're fixing a problem that doesn't exist. If you create a new thread for each weekend, the GLWC forum will become full of that clutter. Who's going to make the thread expire? That should keep the moderators busy. And what if they deleted a thread that had some important information in it just because that weekend is over?

I wouldn't mind having a separate thread for each dive locale, with just the name of the place in the title. That way we can post our trip reports & photos & relevant factoids about a spot and they'll always be arranged in a way that makes it easier to search for information about a particular diving hole.

-Tiny-B.

Tiny Bubbles:
I wouldn't mind having a separate thread for each dive locale, with just the name of the place in the title. That way we can post our trip reports & photos & relevant factoids about a spot and they'll always be arranged in a way that makes it easier to search for information about a particular diving hole.

-Tiny-B.
Great idea! I'll start the first (Mermet Springs) right now.

Tiny Bubbles:
I don't know where I'm going this weekend, but I do know I want to be at Portage on Saturday, July 17th. A local dive club says they're going to sink a car there that evening.
I was there, along with stsiddall, scubafishee, lisa4516, netmage (missed the sinking), and others.

lisa4516:
We had a great time at Portage and enjoyed seeing y'all! Here's a picture of Scubafishee in front of her new tent!

Woo Hoo! Nice tent Scubafishee!!!

Looking forward to meeting you soon.
Paula

diver_paula:
Woo Hoo! Nice tent Scubafishee!!!

Thanks, Paula.

It's a shame it took the threat of missing a dive to finally make me sleep overnight in a tent.

Lisa, thanks for the helping hand with the tent. :)

Tiny Bubbles, lisa4516 -- great pics!

Tiny Bubbles and stsiddall, it was really great diving and camping with the two of you.

Looking forward to meeting you too, Paula.

I'm diving Mermet again this weekend. Had other plans but was invited so here I go. :eyebrow:

A bunch of us are going to Gilboa this weekend (7/31 - 8/1). I'm going, too.

There's a DIR demo at Gilboa the next weekend (8/7). The Big Muscamoot Bay raft is that day, too, if you're in to boating. I'm not sure what I'm doing that day.

They're sinking another car at Portage on Saturday 8/14. I'm not going, though. A few of us are diving off a private boat in Lake Huron that day.

I'm diving on the Sport on Thursday 8/19 after work with rec and tec charters. He still had 3 seats left last I heard.

-Ray

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom