Dive comp opinion

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

oh, if your ESU team uses FFM's, the Sea-Bear HUDC is designed for that purpose, and is wired-AI. Good solution actually if you're doing that most of the time.

Absolutely love it. There is the original secondary screen with compass but with the latest firmware update there is now a mini compass that can be set to display on the main screen. A quick glance down and I have North glowing red. All I needed for my last dive trip. Didn't even pull up the larger compass at all.

Dont suppose you could take photos of screen showing "mini compass" and normal compass mode?

Dont suppose you could take photos of screen showing "mini compass" and normal compass mode?
Absolutely. At work right now. Will post shortly after I get home tonight.

how about a wacom tablet you can use as a slate .....
Don't know about the wacom tablet .... but we have customers using the iPad and our Scientific Diver app as an underwater slate

... With a tank-mounted CPU that includes all the navigational IMUs? .....
Working on that (not too hard indeed ) since 2007 .... see image :cool2:

DiveNav_IMU_testing_200702.jpg

Depth gauges are fairly cheap ($50 new, less used) and for a timer he could use a $40 G-shock watch. He may want the watch anyway so we are just talking about a depth gauge which he could fleabay after he purchases what he wants.

True, and you might already have a watch. But if not you're looking at spending ~$100 no matter what, actual cost of a DC is what you pay on top of that.

There's an $80 pyle pro watch that comes with a depth gauge and ascent rate alarm. Would've been the cheapest option except pyle has a rep for the quality of their products. As in "pyle of s*it". :(

Here are the photos. A bit blurry. As you know the screen image is actually very sharp.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Extremely easy to orient. With the mini compass there is no lubber line, just the image of the "needle" pointing North and the degree of travel. It's hard to tell in the photo but half of the needle is red and points north at any angle or tilt making it so much easier to see and use then a standard compass.

Extremely easy to orient. With the mini compass there is no lubber line, just the image of the "needle" pointing North and the degree of travel. It's hard to tell in the photo but half of the needle is red and points north at any angle or tilt making it so much easier to see and use then a standard compass.

Cool, just what I wanted to hear, that and my dying eyes is all the justification I need to drop ¥90,000 on a Petrel 2. Anyone want a kidney?

Back
Top Bottom