Dive computer and PC interface for 300 - 350 dollars

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've read some posts about the Deep6. Is there any chances it will be out until the first week of March?

It will be a few months for sure.

You realize that all of them have proprietary software right? literally every one of them... and the Deepblu is compatible with subsurface which is the closest thing to non-proprietary out there. Aside from the algorithm which is a work in progress, it is the best computer on the list

You realize that all of them have proprietary software right? literally every one of them... and the Deepblu is compatible with subsurface which is the closest thing to non-proprietary out there. Aside from the algorithm which is a work in progress, it is the best computer on the list
So you can use subsurface with Deepblu. Everywhere I looked people was saying it wasn't possible.

A used Oceanic Veo 2.0 with cable can be easily had with a new battery for that price range (send me a PM). Connects straight into Subsurface as well

DSAT or Plagec-Z algorithms, Nitrox up to 50% (one gas) and gauge modes if you so choose

_R

Last edited:

The algorithm is Bühlmann ZHL-16C, unless there is something I don't know.

So you can use subsurface with Deepblu. Everywhere I looked people was saying it wasn't possible.

it's in alpha testing right now, it should be released fairly shortly where you can download the logs into subsurface. You have to do it through their app for now, but I think you'll be able to go straight to subsurface shortly.

@LandonL check your email in about 2 mins

Yeah, me personally they lost at smartphone app saving to 'cosmic cloud'. Lack of user-replaceable battery is just another nail in the coffin. I'm sure it'll talk to subsurface... sometime.

It's a pity deep 6 isn't going to be available before Xmas -- as long as you don't ask which year -- so at the moment Puck Pro looks like your best option indeed. Edit; or quad if you want big screen.

Last edited:
I've recently purchased 2 puck Pro's for myself and my son. Seems to work well. One button didn't effect operation, it's set and forget.

Works fine with subsurface.

Around $200USD from eBay with PC cable

Attachments

• Screenshot_20161225-090226.png
    Screenshot_20161225-090226.png
    163.9 KB · Views: 47
Lack of user-replaceable battery is just another nail in the coffin.

It has a rechargeable lithium battery? You want to be able to replace it?

It's a pity deep 6 isn't going to be available before Xmas -- as long as you don't ask which year

Ouch, very sorry people are frustrated, but we won't release a product until its ready. We don't believe in beta testing on our customers, and we believe the case needed some modifications and I wanted to change the decompression algorithm. However it is coming, and I apologize for the delay.

It has a rechargeable lithium battery? You want to be able to replace it?

I think what he means it that lithium batteries lose their capacity over the years. I also don't like this lithium battery thing, after 5 years what would happen? My phones never last more then 3 years and the batteries are aways the first problem.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom