Dive Computer for Visually Impaired diver?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The vibrating Tusa has a huge screen and a great vibrating function. That said I am not VI so you should try it for yourself not just take my word for it.

I've been away from here for too long. Sure do appreciate the comments. Not familiar at all with the Liquivision at all. Bright text on a dark background would be easier, alas that's how I have to use the computer in reverse. But price is a factor. If I still lived in CA where I'd be diving most weekends I'd justify anything. But it's just too hard to get wet here.

Haven't even had enough rain to get wet :)

If I get a chance to try out one of the HUD masks I will. I'm dubious about how it would work for me, but if it does that is kewl.

i am a vi diver and i have a light sensitive problem and i am classed as legaly blind less than 10% vis i use a custom red tinted mask with oceanic pro plus 2 computer and i love it the number and info that you need to know are displayed in large lcd about 1 inch per number alams as you need them and you can set the ones that you want it keeps a log of 24 dives and can be sent to your desk top the compus that came with mine is also very easy to see as well i dont think that you can go wrong with this computer it looks much better in real life than on the website

On the Oceanic, it's easy to tell how close you're getting to the algorithm limits. If you "back off" by one or two of the load graph bars, you turn it into a conservative algorithm. However, if you need to stay down or come up for some emergency, you don't lock out your computer.

For any computer, or even for tables, you shouldn't push to the limits if you can avoid it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom