Dive Flag Platform

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OliveBone

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Does anyone know who is the maker of this platform is and how I can contact them?

Thanks

Attachments

• PLatform-DT.jpg
    PLatform-DT.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 699
Thanks for the info, it looks like it is a good product, does it have any information on about who makes it.

K

Does anyone know who is the maker of this platform is and how I can contact them?

Thanks

Another option you might want to consider is to make your own using the following materials

1 Automobile Tire Inner Tube
1 Plastic Milk Crate
Several large UV resistant Zip ties
1 Dive flag assembly (flag & 2 piece mast)
1 tow line

This setup has the added benefit of providing a large surface storage bin.

I have used this setup since I got certified 4 years ago and it works very well and is cost effective.

The tow line attaches to the bottom of the milk crate which fits within the inside diameter of the inner tube. The milk crate is fastened to the inner tube on all four sides using two UV resistant Zip ties hooked together. This zip tie configuration goes around the outside of the inner tube and through the holes in the bottom and side of the milk crate. The two ends of the zip tie hook together and are tightened in the same manner as you would an single Zip tie. Obviously the inner tube needs to be fully inflated before inserting and fastening the milk crate to the inner tube.

The bottom portion of the dive flag mast is hooked to one of the inside corners of the milk crate.

Let me know if you have any questions.

P.S.

I can't take credit for the original design. My instructor came up with the idea and uses it all the time when doing open water dives with students. He puts extra weights and other things into the milk crate that he might need for students while in the water. This setup also work well when students want to hold onto something while on the surface.

Thanks ronbeau. There's a sewing machine collecting dust at home. I'll make a red/white SCUBA wrap for the tube and add some outer pockets, a center pouch for the milk crate, and other mods as the inspiration hits me. Might cost a whooping $25 total.

I made one for about $30. Works great, but make sure you use a good quality thread. Salt will decay your typical OTC threads quickly. I made mine with a lid so it could be carried like a suit case without everything spilling out. This idea came on the second design after trying to scramble up the cliffs with the tube full of Abalone!

I own two of the Dive Platforms. One small and One large. I use them all the time. In my Deep Diver class, each Buddy Team needs to hang a drop bottle at 15'. I have had three 80 cu ft tanks hanging from the Dive Platform.

The platform has an aluminum handle. In my open water classes, I have had six students hanging on the side of the small dive platform.

Large storage area is great for Rescue class when you are removing gear amd don't want to hold on to it (or retrieve it off the bottom).

It is a great, well built product and recommend it highly to everyone!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom