• Welcome to ScubaBoard

1. Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
    • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
    • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Login or Register now by clicking on the button

Dive holiday solo freaks me out...

Discussion in 'New Divers and Those Considering Diving' started by Nasenbaer, Mar 13, 2020.

1. Schwob

Schwob Solo Diver

# of Dives: 200 - 499
    You are doing the right thing by wrapping your head around it well before you submerge. You are getting good advice. Make sure you are at the point where the freaking out part is completed before you dive. Being concerned in an informed way and plans to actively address those concerns as need be firmly in place is the place to be (head space wise). You get there you will have it covered. All else (i.e. clueless w/o concern and hoping for the best or still freaking out) is sort of a bad idea uw.

Nasenbaer likes this.
  2. CJS

CJS Nassau Grouper

I don't know if you got to do this trip or will get to do it, but I have dived in Bali multiple times on my own. Most places I used will just give you your own guide or maybe with one other diver. If they could not guarantee that I'd pay a little bit extra to get my own guide. Insta-buddies can be great or painful and it is worth the extra $20 to avoid the painful.

CanadaDan and chillyinCanada like this.
  3. Subcooled

Subcooled Assistant Instructor

One important aspect of diving (solo or in a team) is ones mental state and preparedness. Many incidents are harmless unless you become stressed and panic and start making bad decisions. It helps to discuss risks and fears in advance so that you have coping methods for these situations.