Dive Inn Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I doubt that she has a boat. More likely contracts spaces on other boats. I think $95 per 2-tank trip puts her at the highest on the island.

At least equal to what seems to be the highest for an AL80, two-tank dive. I just stayed at the Coral Princess and Pepe Scuba also gets $95.

At least equal to what seems to be the highest for an AL80, two-tank dive. I just stayed at the Coral Princess and Pepe Scuba also gets $95.
That's up there, but he also offers multi-day discounts, like 4 for $320 = $80/trip or 5 for $370 = $74/trip. His expenses are higher at the Coral Princess.

My fav Op charges $80 before discounts.

It's hard to compare dive ops based on price. Blue XTSea charges $90 for a single day 2 tank dive and less for multi day trips, Dive With Martin charges $100 , Aldora is $95 (but uses steel 120's, has multiple boats including a 43 foot boat, etc). Dive With Martin can get down to $60ish if you book 5 day packages and includes free rental equipment. Each operation does something a little different, some will give a cash discount, some include gear, some prices may include the tax(I think it is 16%), some include transportation to the marina or pier, some may include the marine park fee.....

Comparing dive companies based only on price is not necessarily an accurate comparison. We have a combination that works great for us....I'd almost say perfect...but it might not work as well for anyone else.

Welcome to the board Dive Inn @JessicaCozumel. There are lots of dive operators on Cozumel that will all put divers in the water and provide excellent service. What I like to know is what makes Dive Inn different, you might consider providing the following on your website:

Maximum number of divers on a boat
Number of boats available and size
Standard tank size, optional tank size and steel or aluminum
Valet service including wetsuits
# of dives per day offered
Night dives, anytime, certain nights, or minimum # of divers
Nitrox availability and cost
Equipment rental included
Time of departure for a standard 2 tank dive
Departure location- Marina, private pier, downtown town pier, resort dock, etc
Does the dive package include transportation to the marina
Surface interval location- boat, beach, beach club
SI snacks-just water or what else?
Cash Discounts
Can you accommodate cruise ship divers?
Dive park only or North and East side dives?
Maybe a description of the staff
And anything else that makes Dive Inn different.

With so many different variables, it's not hard for one op to be different from the next. I said many times that it is not hard to find a great dive op on Cozumel, but it may take lots of trips to find the perfect dive op for you.

Again, welcome to the board, I look forward to your posts!

Jay

Valet service including wetsuits
Yuck. No Op should have to handle pissy wetsuits. I guess some do, but then I bet they get rinsed in the same pissy tanky with several others. I take mine back to my room for a shower.

Yuck. No Op should have to handle pissy wetsuits. I guess some do, but then I bet they get rinsed in the same pissy tanky with several others. I take mine back to my room for a shower.

Have you ever been swimming in a public pool? If you have, I submit that your exposure to other peoples' urine is much higher then than it would be from rinsing your wetsuit in a questionable rinse tank. You probably drank some of it.

Have you ever been swimming in a public pool? If you have, I submit that your exposure to other peoples' urine is much higher then than it would be from rinsing your wetsuit in a questionable rinse tank. You probably drank some of it.
Higher in a pool? At least it's treated and filtered.

Or how about the in-pool bars? I wonder how many actually people get up and go to the restroom.

But rinsing regs together that have been in people's mouths is just fine?

Just about any rinse tank is going to fail a contamination test. Hosing it off would probably be better.

1st rule of peeing in a wetsuit - don't wait til the safety stop and flush the suit afterwards.

Higher in a pool? At least it's treated and filtered.
Filtering and treating does nothing to remove urine from pool water.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom