Dive Log 5.0 and Atomic Cobalt

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TartanFrog

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I just downloaded the demo version of Dive Log 5.0 to use with my Atomic Cobalt. I wanted to try it out prior to downloading the full version. I have not had a chance to enter any data yet but will probably do that this weekend.

If you use the software I would appreciate any and all comments regarding ease of use, compatibility, if the features match your needs, and especially those specific to using it with the Cobalt.

Thanks!

I just downloaded the demo version of Dive Log 5.0 to use with my Atomic Cobalt. I wanted to try it out prior to downloading the full version. I have not had a chance to enter any data yet but will probably do that this weekend.

If you use the software I would appreciate any and all comments regarding ease of use, compatibility, if the features match your needs, and especially those specific to using it with the Cobalt.

Love the Dive Log 5.0 ... has pretty much all the options, info, data, etc., you might want to include in your log.

Only thing that is a bit confusing is that Dive Log and the software that comes with the Cobalt use two different USB drivers. There is a simple little program that will switch the drivers back and forth (Diving Log 5.0 - Atomic Cobalt driver installation). You could always just use the Dive Log program (with the driver it uses) since it can download dive data directly from the Cobalt computer.

However, whenever you want to install a newer release of the Cobalt internal firmware, you do need to use the Atomic Aquatics software (and need to remember to switch the USB driver). An alternative to switching the drivers, is to always use the Atomic Aquatics software to download the data out of the Cobalt computer. Dive Log can then read the file from the Atomic Aquatics software and import the data into Dive Log. I use this option because I then have an extra backup copy of the data in the Atomic Aquatics software just in case anything gets screwed up.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom