Dive ops handling wetsuits

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Now that makes more sense. Actually I was surprised you no longer handled wetsuits when I looked at your website recently as I thought I recalled differently - but that was back in 2001 and my memory is less than vivid. When trying to find other examples of shops that handled wetsuits, I looked up Liquid Blue since they had handled my wetsuit the last time I dove with them. But their website now states the same rationale as yours, that they're too easy to mix up. Clearly the urine issue doesn't bother you since, as you say, you used to handle them until you expanded operations.

That said, there are ways to tell identical-appearing wetsuits apart from one another. Maybe numbered clips that the crew could attach to each wetsuit before they leave the boats for overnight storage? It's a real pleasure to leave everything wet back on the boat for the next dive day - the less work the better for people on vacation AFAIC.

---------- Post added April 22nd, 2013 at 08:45 PM ----------

OK, since these posts were split off into a thread specifically about which dive ops will handle wetsuits, I'll start: Living Underwater handles wetsuits. Besides the most excellent DM skills of Jeremy, the fact that LU handles wetsuits and relieves me of the burden of dragging a dripping wet bundle through my hotel corridors makes them number one in my book.

Are there any divers who insist on retaining their wetsuits and don't want the dive op storing them overnight?
Yep. That would be us.

Very hard to believe, given the environment that yeast likes.

Yeast infections are generally not dive related. If any lady catches a yeast infection on a vacation the first question I would ask is "Did you use the resort's big hot tub by the pool or did you use the in-room jetted tub?". My wife and I will never soak in either one of them... especially the in-room jetted tubs. The big resort tub probably has a better chance of being properly chlorinated but the in-room tubs... Well, they may clean them between guests but none fill it and run it with a dose of bleach that sterilizes everything in the jetted pipes. You are basically soaking in everything the last 1000 guests brought into that jetted tub and residuals from whatever they did in it. YUCK!

Really!? This thread is back?

Don't you all have better things to do than post about which dive operators handle your pissy wetsuits? :)

Perhaps someone should do an excel spreadsheet with a cost analysis of rinsing urine? Make sure to specifically include which dive operators rinse your wetsuits but not your wetsuit boots.. Perhap your underwear too?

The shame, humiliation, and, embarrassment of having to lug your wetsuit through downtown San Miguel or 100ft off the dive pier to your hotel room is too much I guess.

Really!? This thread is back?

Don't you all have better things to do than post about which dive operators handle your pissy wetsuits? :)

Perhaps someone should do an excel spreadsheet with a cost analysis of rinsing urine? Make sure to specifically include which dive operators rinse your wetsuits but not your wetsuit boots.. Perhap your underwear too?

The shame, humiliation, and, embarrassment of having to lug your wetsuit through downtown San Miguel or 100ft off the dive pier to your hotel room is too much I guess.
To the contrary.

This thread has got me thinking about some rather strange (to me) behaviour that I witnessed on my last dive vacation.
There was a group of club trip divers that always wore their wetsuits. To breakfast, to the boat, on the boat, in the water, on the boat, on the dock, back to their rooms (and even afterwards a few laid about in the lounge chairs with their wetsuits on).

It made my skin crawl. I wear my wetsuit for about 5 minutes longer than I dive. I suit up once the boat has been secured to the mooring ball and then remove it as soon as I am back on the boat. I could not understand why this large group of people kept their wetsuits on for so long...

Now I am suspecting I know why... Commando? I think I need some brain bleach...

Let's talk about the real elephant in the room. That is, sharing a boat ride with divers whose bathing suits are unwashed after days of 2 tankers. Some divers smell like a mix between the dumpster at a coffee shop and the hallway of a nursing home.

Helpful Hint: shampoo works great to wash out a suit in the sink each day.

Let's talk about the real elephant in the room. That is, sharing a boat ride with divers whose bathing suits are unwashed after days of 2 tankers. Some divers smell like a mix between the dumpster at a coffee shop and the hallway of a nursing home.

Helpful Hint: shampoo works great to wash out a suit in the sink each day.
I just throw mine on the floor of my shower. I need to shower after my dives anyways to get all the salt out of my hair and skin and the combination of shampoo and bath gel raining down onto my suit makes it nice and clean. Easy-peasey for a lazy soul like me.

most-interesting-man-in-the-world-i-dont-always-pee-in-my-wetsuit-but-when-i-donevermind-i-alway.jpg

To the contrary.

This thread has got me thinking about some rather strange (to me) behaviour that I witnessed on my last dive vacation.
There was a group of club trip divers that always wore their wetsuits. To breakfast, to the boat, on the boat, in the water, on the boat, on the dock, back to their rooms (and even afterwards a few laid about in the lounge chairs with their wetsuits on).

It made my skin crawl. I wear my wetsuit for about 5 minutes longer than I dive. I suit up once the boat has been secured to the mooring ball and then remove it as soon as I am back on the boat. I could not understand why this large group of people kept their wetsuits on for so long...

Now I am suspecting I know why... Commando? I think I need some brain bleach...
Your skin crawls easily, I guess. I don my neoprene when I am ready to leave the room and de-don it when I get back to the room. I swap the top half for a Tshirt before, after, and between dives. It's no big deal.

Back
Top Bottom