Dive Paradise or Tres Pelicanos

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

As an FYI DWM picks up at Hotel Cozumel at 7:30 AM & in general I remember them getting back around noon. Their boat often arrived at 7:15 AM without tanks on board so I'm guessing it ran the divers back to the International Pier to another boat. That MAY have been because they only picked up a few divers because I've seen their big boats at the hotel often over the years too.

We’ve used them when staying at Blue Angel and Hotel Cozumel

We’ve used them when staying at Blue Angel and Hotel Cozumel
Just curious, why use another dive op when staying at Blue Angel? I happen to like the convenience of staying at BA and using their very good dive op of the same name.

Just curious, why use another dive op when staying at Blue Angel? I happen to like the convenience of staying at BA and using their very good dive op of the same name.

Way over priced. On top of that they charge extra to rinse your gear for you.

I can’t get the website to come up but as I recall they are $95 per trip. Maybe $90 on multi package. Why? What do they do that DWM doesn’t to justify $90 versus $65?

I can’t get the website to come up but as I recall they are $95 per trip. Maybe $90 on multi package. Why? What do they do that DWM doesn’t to justify $90 versus $65?
It does seem that their site is down. I used to enjoy staying & diving there when it was cheap to do both there, even with the hot water problems. Whatshername has done an excellent job upgrading the property with a great location, but I have cheaper tastes and didn't want to pay for the upgrades, so I moved on. I don't like paying $109-129/night in the states either, and $90 multiday trips with basic services does sound overpriced. I wouldn't care for having to pay for solo taxis to the southern cruise pier, but if DWM will pick up there - sounds great. They seem to still have a good reputation even tho Martin died.

My go-to Op charges a little more, not much higher, but I'm happy. Whatever help I've needed, I got it. One trip he fixed both of my regs after servicing left them with problems while we were still on the boat, and he has the tools to do almost anything.

We stayed off season for $90/night. Great room price. The week we were there we saw 2 people diving w BA boats and a dozen getting picked up by other ops. That’s sad. They have such a logistical advantage that if they were competitive on price they would be a no brainer.

Right, thanks. Lovely lady and she has made some nice improvements to the place. I think I met her sister once, and that she's in real estate. I guess that she's getting the rooms rented enough, I know that you wouldn't stay anywhere else, but I like adventure shopping at times - and I'm cheap. I'm happy with my current choice $38/night hotel even tho It's a block from the water. It's so close to so many nice choices in restaurants with me not being into long hikes or taxis if not needed.

Thanks for the feedback Reef.
I rarely do cost comparisons. My wife criticizes me a lot for it too! For the most part, I am not a bargain hunter and to be honest, I gladly pay for quality, service & convenience. ( I am not inferring that anyone here is cheap).

In my own business, I am admittedly very expensive. Folks looking for cheap are not my clients. I provide a luxe experience and a very high-quality product.

Funny you mention a lot of other Op boats picking-up at BA. I have noticed that only a few do pick-ups there. Now when I stay at Coz Palace (aka Coz Dump), I see the majority of divers getting picked-up by other Ops.

BTW... guess I am lucky because I have never been charged by BA to rinse my gear. I gladly tip the young lady who does it though.

I just looked at the invoice for my upcoming April trip with BA. I am there for 10 nights with 100AL Nitrox tanks. $2119.75 total, including free made-to-order breakfast and park fees. I can live with that.

Now, what was the original topic???

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom