dive rite rec wings

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Like a lot of guys are saying, my Rec wing is perfectly fine with larger single tanks, like my E8 130. However, I used it with a set of PST 95s, and it had barely enough lift to hold my face out of the water fully inflated.

the rec wing looks a little large and floppy for an Al 80, I would go for the venture wing if you are stuck on DR, it is very streamlined, and go for the classic wing for doubles.

The right tools for the right job.

i used to dive a travel wing but sold it due to trim issues. (the wing being too short on my back and not supporting my whole length giving me a feet down trim). i figured that a rec wing might solve this since its longer and have more grommets for adjustability. might a rec wing do the job? anyone having the same problem? what can be done about this?

cancun mark:
the rec wing looks a little large and floppy for an Al 80, I would go for the venture wing if you are stuck on DR, it is very streamlined, and go for the classic wing for doubles.

The right tools for the right job.

Gee Mark,

That is my configuration. I get the shop discount on DR, so when I started going to BP/W with my single tanks, I bought a Venture Wing. I bought the Classic Wing when I took Advanced Nitrox. I haven't regretted either purchase.

I did used to own a travel wing but as i said, it was short on my back and did not help much about my trim being not long enoughf and my legs being too heavy. I also like the thought that i can use the rec wings for doubles. would it be worth it? any suggestions on how to fix my trim?

As it's been said, diving a Rec wing with heavy doubles won't work. Diving a Classic wing with a single will give you the taco effect. Putting your cambands lower on the tank so it sits higher on your back should help with your legs down trim... start there.

what are the dis advantages of the taco effect? a friend of mine dives his rec wing w/o the bungee cord and seems to manage quite alright with a single al 80 tank on it. he even likes the way it wraps neatly on the tank. i know that its harder to vent air when its wrapped around the tank but aside from that, what are the draw backs?

prenzy:
what are the dis advantages of the taco effect? a friend of mine dives his rec wing w/o the bungee cord and seems to manage quite alright with a single al 80 tank on it. he even likes the way it wraps neatly on the tank. i know that its harder to vent air when its wrapped around the tank but aside from that, what are the draw backs?

Isn't that a big enough disadvantage?

I love posts that say "xxx works great, except for this one big problem, but other than that, what's wrong with it??"

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom