Dive shop help for San Pedro, Belize

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I"ll be going to Ambergris from March 24-31..and staying at the Aqua Marina Resort. It would of been nice if we were there all at the same time...!

Scuba65
stop by the shop, ecologic DIVERS, it's almost out you front door.
We can compare, Gates housing,Sony 717
steve

Steve...i shall do that. do you work there or own it?

Hi Peter, I am a friend of Brians and will be part of his group. We are pretty new to diving, certified open water in Cozumel and we have been down to 100+ feet, for some reason the Blue Hole has me a litle freaked out. I am no sissy by any stretch of the imagination and I have always been a risk taker, but this dive has me spooked. Concerns?? :D

texwasabi....i'd recommend that if you feel uncomfortable by any means..you shouldn't do the blue hole dive. it's just a wall dive and i've heard that you can see better stuff elsewhere than going there. but, again if you feel uncomfortable or not ready then you shouldn't do it. always go by what your heart tells you.

Thanks for the reply, I hear you, but if you dont face down and quash your demons, then where are you?? I was apprehensive about riding a 150 miles an hour on a motorcycle race track also, but I over came it, rode hard and excelled, I guess in my old age I am more cautious. I did a wall dive in Coz where the bottem just fell away into the abyss, like standing on a cliff looking down! It was all good though. Have you dove there, I talked to a guy who got "Vertigo" there, threwup in his gear...

Oh, it's understandable that if you don't face it..then that means you will never do anything. i'm one that is very aggressive and will do anything. No, i haven't dove there i will be in Ambergris Caye at the end of March...i don't think we will be diving the Blue Hole for the reason that it's all that extra cash..and i've heard that it's not that great that there is better dives there to do. if you do it..just be careful or if by any chance you feel not sure of it..then just don't for the sake of yourself and your family. I just had a friend visiting a friend in Dominica they went on a hike to a waterfall a flash flood came and swept them away..she drowned in front of our other friend. he's lucky to be alive and he told us that he just had this feeling about being there..he didn't listen to his instinct and there was that accident.

Very good, thanks I am sure in our minds its something we want to hang on on our belts..I will chew on your words for awhile, thanks. I know there is plenty of fun and great diving besides the hole! Have a good time while you are there...Damn I am stating to get the fever now.....!!!!!

I've done the blue hole - it's great for a 'been there done that' dive, but the pain of taking a boat all the way out there (it's like 4-5 hours from Ambergris) kinda keeps me from wanting to do it again.

You can get better kicks diving Cenotes in Playa.

D.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom