Dive shop help for San Pedro, Belize

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Hi,

I rented a house 1.4 mile north of San Pedro during March 1 thru the 14th and was looking for input on the dive shops around the area. We have three divers and worry about transportation and such. Also safety record and any other input. We have a small dock and wonder about if any do pickups because of the lack of vehicles on the island. Also is there any taxis and such?

Any input welcome

Brian

BrianJohnson:
Hi,

I rented a house 1.4 mile north of San Pedro during March 1 thru the 14th and was looking for input on the dive shops around the area. We have three divers and worry about transportation and such. Also safety record and any other input. We have a small dock and wonder about if any do pickups because of the lack of vehicles on the island. Also is there any taxis and such?

Any input welcome

Brian

I'll be on Ambergris about the same time, March 2nd-11th. My wife and I will be staying South of San Pedro and Diving with Protech, but I had previously talked to Gaz about doing some diving and maybe staying up North for a few days. Scheduling didn't work out, but I'm sure he'll be able to accomodate you. I'd contact him through his shop website: http://www.divebelize.com/home.html
He was pretty prompt in getting back to me. Based on some of his comments on this board and others, I think Gaz will make his recommendation based on "Whats best for the Diver" rather than whats "best for his dive shop".
I'd love to hook up for a ScubaBoard Belikin Beer while there. Feel free to PM me and we can pick a date and location, or if you have any Belize Q's. :42: Dr. Ken

BrianJohnson:
Hi,

Any input welcome

Brian

There are taxis to get you to and from the airport...once you are situated, if you want you can rent the proverbial Golfcart...the vehicle of choice in San Pedro :wink:

And many of the dive ops will pick you up at a dock...

Paul in VT

Brian,

I'd heartily reccommend Protech. They are a top notch group. Certainly not a cattleboat operation and they will most likely pick you up at your dock. I am sure the owner, Peter, will check in on this thread before long.

Brian,
All the Dive Shops will pick you up.
As mentioned above Protech, amigos, are good dive shops. You might want to try
Belize Diving Adventure or Ecologic Divers. (don"t Believe everything you hear about ED . they are new and have all new equipment with experienced instructors and dive masters.) They both cater to small groups.
WWW.ecologicdivers.com & www.belizedivingadventures.net

Hey there Brian, looks like I will be in San Pedro at the same time...We will have to hook up!

Saw the thread. Certainly we will pick you up and give you good dives, as will several others.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom